Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I am a big fan of Rivian and reserved R1s the day they opened up for reservations....I had been patiently waiting all these years and got screwed on delivery dates, as I changed color and wheel options couple of times :( :cautious:. I blame it on youtube videos 😟

At last, after so many year of patiently waiting, I am getting R1S delivered in next couple of weeks with below config
  • Rivian Blue,
  • 22" sport bright wheel option
  • spare tire (not full size I guess for R1S ??)
I didn't ask for spare tire but, if I wanted delivery soon, I have to go with it. It costs $600 or $700 extra.

Anyway, who has battery anxiety, my wife had a discussion :censored: :rolleyes:....her point is sell it for few extra $$, turn around and buy a Q5 or similar 5 seater SUV. I want to keep it :)

I am not into off road or adventure - typical drive to work and weekend chores/kids activities....

So I guess I am asking for advice ----- if we sell can we expect any premium to cover some costs towards other cars?
Did any of you experience similar conundrum?

Thanks

· Registered
2022 R1T no spare, no tonneau, El Cap, dark 22's
78 Posts
I live in Upstate New York. I have a charge here and a charger in my garage in Brooklyn. There is almost nothing for the Rivian in between that is convenient. You will find range decreased in very cold temperatures and driving fast (who can help it with these fantastic performance trucks) will reduce mileage. I never charge over 75% unless I’m driving immediately then I may go to 85.
you will probably take delivery with the battery at 100 percent charge.
I wouldn’t worry as long as you can charge at home. It’s worth it. You will get over range anxiety with some experience. I can only speak to the R1T

· Registered
579 Posts
If you don't do road trips or have a remote off the grid cabin in the woods far away, there's no reason to worry about range; or what do you mean by battery anxiety?

Man I'd be excited to get an R1S now ... you're one of the first!

· Registered
18 Posts
My R1T is my daily driver. My first EV. I installed a level 2 EVSE at home so i charge my truck at home and not have to go gas up. If i go anywhere that takes me over 200 miles i plan a charging stop enroute, much like u would plan to take a break or gas up. Battery anxiety becomes a non-issue once you include charging stops on long trips. 99% of the time i charge at home. Good luck and congrats on your R1S. Hope u get to enjoy it first before deciding to sell it.

· Registered
29 Posts
Hello everyone,

I am a big fan of Rivian and reserved R1s the day they opened up for reservations....I had been patiently waiting all these years and got screwed on delivery dates, as I changed color and wheel options couple of times :( :cautious:. I blame it on youtube videos 😟

At last, after so many year of patiently waiting, I am getting R1S delivered in next couple of weeks with below config
  • Rivian Blue,
I didn't ask for spare tire but, if I wanted delivery soon, I have to go with it. It costs $600 or $700 extra.

Anyway, who has battery anxiety, my wife had a discussion :censored: :rolleyes:....her point is sell it for few extra $$, turn around and buy a Q5 or similar 5 seater SUV. I want to keep it :)

I am not into off road or adventure - typical drive to work and weekend chores/kids activities....

So I guess I am asking for advice ----- if we sell can we expect any premium to cover some costs towards other cars?

Thanks
Why don't just cancel it, get your deposit back and let someone who wants the vehicle get it sooner.

· Registered
13 Posts
Ordered three Rivians on Nov 27th, 2018. Have 8K miles on my R1T (can't say mine anymore since the first time I taught my wife how to drive it, the vehicle became hers) Just got notified of the R1S VIN in our name and doing the paperwork now. Having cringed through every delay, stock price decline, and little items of frustration, I still remain a fan of the vehicle and look forward to the delivery of #2. Mainly since I can now have my R1T back. I agree with the comment, get it, drive it, and make the decision. There is no magical cure for the lack of charging stations, the added time to "fill up". And the growing pains of designs that looked good on paper but don't meet the real work demands. Yet, it is a fun vehicle, looks good, and delivers where other EV's don't. So, try it, you might like it.

· Registered
2 Posts
Hello everyone,

• Rivian Blue,

Thanks
I’ve got pretty much the same vehicle on order, and should be hearing from them pretty soon - I was not quite as early as you, but shortly after. And - my wife (and I, a bit) have some of the same concerns, particularly with the horror stories we are all hearing about the EA network. The BMW X5 45e has one of the longest pure electric ranges and will tow my 5,000lb boat, so it is on my short-list. With my daily commute, as long as I didn’t floor it to much in town, I could conceivably only use gas on road trips.

· Registered
5 Posts
Hello everyone, I am a big fan of Rivian and reserved R1s the day they opened up for reservations....I had been patiently waiting all these years and got screwed on delivery dates, as I changed color and wheel options couple of times :( :cautious:. I blame it on youtube videos 😟 At last, after so many year of patiently waiting, I am getting R1S delivered in next couple of weeks with below config
  • Rivian Blue,
I didn't ask for spare tire but, if I wanted delivery soon, I have to go with it. It costs $600 or $700 extra. Anyway, who has battery anxiety, my wife had a discussion :censored: :rolleyes:....her point is sell it for few extra $$, turn around and buy a Q5 or similar 5 seater SUV. I want to keep it :) I am not into off road or adventure - typical drive to work and weekend chores/kids activities.... So I guess I am asking for advice ----- if we sell can we expect any premium to cover some costs towards other cars? Did any of you experience similar conundrum? Thanks
Do you all already have electric vehicles? If not you'll never want to go back.

· Premium Member
6 Posts
Hello everyone,

• Rivian Blue,

Thanks
Buy a Lucid !
Do you all already have electric vehicles? If not you'll never want to go back.
BUY A LUCID WHILE YOU ARE WAITING !

· Registered
12 Posts
Hello everyone,

• Rivian Blue,

Thanks
22 are just too large for any comfort, even if you never off road , the curbs will get you.

· Registered
R1S Adventure (ordered 10/27/21 Est Del 4Q 23), Red Canyon. Genesis GV 60 Mauna Red (bought 9/10/22)
137 Posts
Dump the wife.

Keep the Rivian.

;)

· Registered
3 Posts
I’ve got pretty much the same vehicle on order, and should be hearing from them pretty soon - I was not quite as early as you, but shortly after. And - my wife (and I, a bit) have some of the same concerns, particularly with the horror stories we are all hearing about the EA network. The BMW X5 45e has one of the longest pure electric ranges and will tow my 5,000lb boat, so it is on my short-list. With my daily commute, as long as I didn’t floor it to much in town, I could conceivably only use gas on road trips.
A 2023 X5 45e is what I did. My biggest complaint is the rear seat legroom. Keep in mind I'm coming from a 2014 750Li which effectively has its own zip code for the rear legroom. But still - It's crazy that my wife's 2015 Santa Fe has more rear legroom than a vehicle that costs twice as much. I love that I've been driving it for about 2 weeks - about 500 miles - and I'm only at 1/4 tank from the delivery tank (got it at 120 miles). The official stats of the X5 for mileage are completely false though - I've never come close to 25 miles from the battery on a single charge - let alone over 31. This is even with hypermiling habits. The only thing I run is climate control - and the weather has been in the 40-60s. Overall the tech is pretty good - but I so look forward to the R1S whenever Rivian comes around to building mine.

· Registered
109 Posts
Sounds like spam/bot but I wouldn't buy a lucid yet, though the Lucid Ocean is awesome, Rivian is far more rugged a design outside while still nice inside. Lucid is more like the Range Rover style of EVs. If that's what you're looking for "geraldine" has a point.
Assuming you mean the Fisker Ocean? Lucid’s SUV which won’t be released until late 2024 is called the Gravity.

· Registered
11 Posts
Hello everyone,

• Rivian Blue,

Thanks
I have had a Q5 for the last three years which is coming off lease in about 3 months. I received my R1T last November. The Audi is a great vehicle but there is no comparison with the Rivian IMO.

the R1T is my first EV and there IS a learning curve but it isn’t hard. I still occasionally drive the Audi but only to avoid putting too many miles on the Rivian too quickly. I’ve had an X5, Range Rover, and a couple Lexus SUVs and the arivian is by far my favorite.
The other consideration for the Audi is that the Q5 is not that big, especially on the inside. The Rivian is much roomier. I haven’t regretted the Rivian for a second and drive it almost exclusively, even though I still have the Q5 sitting at home.
I hope that helps.

· Registered
7 Posts
I sold my R1S and it was pretty easy. They're still going for over $100k so you'll make a bit of a profit. If you do want to sell it I wouldn't drive it much though because most of the ones being sold have under 50 miles on them. Search for R1S on cars and bids and you can see current and past auctions. A black one sold recently for $136k which was the highest price so far. Doesn't look like any blues have come up yet and it's a very nice color so might make some good money with that.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts