Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to the IPO related documents filed with the SEC, Rivian "expect(s) to start commercial production of the R1S and EDV in December 2021". So good or bad, it seems like for you R1S folks there is a production begin date. (y)

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Welcome to the forum @RivG. Thanks for pointing that out.

I remember seeing it mentioned in a few reports like this.

"As of September 2021, the R1T and the R1S SUV have amassed 48,390 preorders in the US and Canada, with the latter vehicle [R1S] said to be starting production in December. The document also says that the automaker has six service centers in four states (California, Illinois, Washington, and New York), along with 11 mobile service vehicles and a 24/7 support center in Michigan. 145 Rivian Waypoints charging stations in 30 states are listed too, along with 20 locations for future service centers. The delivery fee for new vehicles will be something around $1,700, while the autonomous driving fee is a whopping $10,000. A subscription likely to be Rivian Membership is expected to cost $5,500 over 10 years."

Which Rivian model and spec are you getting?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum @RivG. Thanks for pointing that out.

I remember seeing it mentioned in a few reports like this.

"As of September 2021, the R1T and the R1S SUV have amassed 48,390 preorders in the US and Canada, with the latter vehicle [R1S] said to be starting production in December. The document also says that the automaker has six service centers in four states (California, Illinois, Washington, and New York), along with 11 mobile service vehicles and a 24/7 support center in Michigan. 145 Rivian Waypoints charging stations in 30 states are listed too, along with 20 locations for future service centers. The delivery fee for new vehicles will be something around $1,700, while the autonomous driving fee is a whopping $10,000. A subscription likely to be Rivian Membership is expected to cost $5,500 over 10 years."

Which Rivian model and spec are you getting?
Yes, I've seen it like that as well. It's for that reason I found the sec report, that I quote accurately, interesting. - Rivian, Form S-1 filed on Oct. 1, 2021, pg 82. I'm waiting on my R1S Launch Green.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Yes, I've seen it like that as well. It's for that reason I found the sec report, that I quote accurately, interesting. - Rivian, Form S-1 filed on Oct. 1, 2021, pg 82. I'm waiting on my R1S Launch Green.
Too bad the delivery van took priority over the R1T but then again they are running a business here.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Too bad the delivery van took priority over the R1T but then again they are running a business here.
It's almost like I'm glad that they go that route, it gives them more time to work out bugs in the R1* products while a small number of guinea pigs (launch edition customers, no offense intended ;) ) provides lots of data on which to base improvements.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
It's almost like I'm glad that they go that route, it gives them more time to work out bugs in the R1* products while a small number of guinea pigs (launch edition customers, no offense intended ;) ) provides lots of data on which to base improvements.
Good point.
It would be great if they had interceptor version of the R1T for police. We'd benefit a lot from that

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.