Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
R1S, Adventure, Large Battery, El Cap/Forest Edge, 22’ sport
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So it’s a R1S trip to Yosemite. Can’t wait!

·
Registered
571 Posts
We did learn that the R1S comes with a carabiner key and a flashlight in the door. So there's that ...

The only new stuff is some views of the interior at 3:06-3:46 in the first video and a few more 20-30 second glimpses in the second. Other than that, we've been seeing all of this for almost a year now.

If they would let ME have a R1S for a weekend I would give them a review that showed all the things that are different in the R1S vs the R1T. But I'm not as pretty ...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I agree with the general sentiment. I was so excited for the R1S content coming out but very disappointed with these videos. I can’t understand Rivian’s marketing strategy here. What were they thinking 😅 Also, I would like some car enthusiast do these videos rather than some vlogger.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I agree with the general sentiment. I was so excited for the R1S content coming out but very disappointed with these videos. I can’t understand Rivian’s marketing strategy here. What were they thinking 😅 Also, I would like some car enthusiast do these videos rather than some vlogger.
These videos are not for preorder holders to get more excited about the thing they already have on order. These videos are to get a spotlight on an upcoming ESUV for a specific demographic. One that hasn't had a preorder in for 3 years already.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
These videos are not for preorder holders to get more excited about the thing they already have on order. These videos are to get a spotlight on an upcoming ESUV for a specific demographic. One that hasn't had a preorder in for 3 years already.
I agree, but it’s fair to assume that they would want to target families in need of 7 seater who are not pre order holders yet. This video certainly did not answer their questions much as well. Reviewer did not even use the 3rd atleast for the sake of it to give an informed opinion. As a pre order holder, I’m also missing the same info.

·
Registered
2019 Zero SR/F and 2018, BMW i3
324 Posts
Yeah. I don't know why not target family with kids. Sure they want an adventure vide, but I am pretty sure they can find a family doing adventure, buying expensive SUVs and blogging. The Holderness family comes to mind. That would be a fun video 😁

·
Registered
R1S, Forrest Green/Black
278 Posts
There is a third video with them sitting in the third row. With all the 'car guys' doing R1T there is so much data about charging, the frunk, the infotainment, the driving etc etc, this is a different perspective that will get viewed by 10s of millions due to the followings the YouTubers have.

Who cares we have a video, that is progress.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Great video!
Nice promotion, but maybe somewhat biased! As another follower had mentioned we have seen most of this information and features. Where's the reviews from the preorder holders who have finally received their R1S and are able to be genuinely critical about their vehicle. The ride, the handling, the space, what could have been changed, what is truly impressive, what falls off, what should have been left off, and most importantly was it worth the WAIT!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Oh! I too have seen 👀 enough videos on R1T's.
It's May 26th and I have yet to see 👀 any information on R1S preorders being delivered in the APRIL/MAY Group! I would find it hard to believe that everyone in this group opted for Ocean-Coast and Light wood interior. If so one would think that the powers that be might think that offering the Ocean-Coast with Dark Wood as an option would help to speed up production! "But Delay as they May, I'm sure another issue will arise to further delay delivery!🙄

·
Registered
478 Posts
Oh! I too have seen 👀 enough videos on R1T's.
It's May 26th and I have yet to see 👀 any information on R1S preorders being delivered in the APRIL/MAY Group! I would find it hard to believe that everyone in this group opted for Ocean-Coast and Light wood interior. If so one would think that the powers that be might think that offering the Ocean-Coast with Dark Wood as an option would help to speed up production! "But Delay as they May, I'm sure another issue will arise to further delay delivery!🙄
I would also love it if Rivian was to release some information about the "Longer Range" R1S. Things like the planned size of the battery pack and some idea of its range pre-EPA. Approximate cost would also be helpful. The answer that CS provides - "We're working hard on this and hope to have that kind of information in the near future" - has worn thin over the past 18 or so months that's it's been the Rivian go-to response.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I now know that the S will fit a lot of luggage so I can throw my compressors away. Also, appears that we will need to get Oura rings so I will have to get rid of my Apple Watch. All joking aside, I think it was a nice review. It's good to get different perspectives and I'm sure we will be getting plenty of that as we move forward.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts