Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With a ton of delays and drawbacks it's becoming extremely difficult to have faith in this new start up company. The reviews are great. Now is the time to put up or shut up.
Rivian is moving too. As a new EV start up, I would think that they would want as well as their investors want to see the R1S and R1T being delivered ASAP. As almost every auto brand including the big 3 plan to release their EVs within the next 24 months. If that's true Rivian will find strong competition in the market from companies that have an already edge in the market by their name alone! Like Ford,Chevrolet, Cadillac,Chrysler, GMC,BMW,HONDA. No VW,KIA,VOLVO,.

·
Registered
R1S, Forrest Green/Black
220 Posts
You have to accept the fact that this is a new company. Ford makes 6.4 million cars a year, Audi 1.5 million, Tesla 500k. I am sure if you go back in time Tesla was doing the same thing when it came to delivering cars in the beginning. This doesn't include a pandemic or supply chain challenges.

When you placed your order you knew it was a new company and the timeframe for delivery was 'Sometime in the future'. I can't get a VW right now for at least 6 months, do we lose faith in VW? If a company making almost 9 million vehicles a year is struggling what do you think a new company will do?

·
Registered
316 Posts
You think they're intentionally withholding product?? They would have delivered a year ago if they could. This is one of those situations where you don't know what doesn't work until you start the process. They've started, they've encountered issues with production and they're working to resolve those issues.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.