Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I took delivery 10/15 of my R1S and thought I would share the trade-in experience. Mine might be unique because I was trading in a 2008 Acura which was pretty much dead. At any rate, Kevin the delivery guy was amazing and extremely patient. Walked us through the vehicle for 2 hours.
During the ordering process I put the car in as the lowest rating and gave it higher than actual mileage so the trade-in value would be the lowest. It needed a new catalytic converter, so I knew it should not get much. As it had been sitting in my driveway though, the battery was dead and would not start. Kevin informed me that in order to deliver the R1S, he needed to be able to drive the Acura up and down the driveway to accept the trade-in. I should have know this would have been the case, but had been so busy lately had not paid attention to the Acura like I should have. Kevin was thankfully able to jump it and drive it up and down the driveway. He got it on the flatbed at which point it proceeded to die again, but he said that was fine (thank you!)
Overall, the R1S had no issues, including the compressor hose which I've seen on a few posts. Been driving it and love it! Couple of other notes:

Regen braking is stronger than Tesla, so just something to note

I had ordered weather tec floor liners and the cargo cross bars, but was told they would be sent later. I will need to install the bars myself

Take notes during the delivery process or something because I cant remember much anymore and there is sooo much info he walked me through.

make sure you have all your paperwork there including title of trade-in, driver's license etc.

I tipped him because he was so patient about my Acura and did such a thorough job

Make sure you allocate many hours to this process when scheduling because it will take some time to walk through functionality, and drive it with the delivery person etc.

It is such a gorgeous vehicle so be prepared to get many questions about it when you drive it around then!

If I think of anything else I will update this post.

Ciao for now,
Athena
R1S LE LG Chester County, PA (reserved 11/19)

· Premium Member
83 Posts
How much did you get for your 2008 Acura trade-in?
We've got a 2007 GL 450 that's still in decent shape, and we were thinking about just keeping it... mostly because we weren't thinking we'd get much for it. But am willing to trade it in if there's value.

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
How much did you get for your 2008 Acura trade-in?
We've got a 2007 GL 450 that's still in decent shape, and we were thinking about just keeping it... mostly because we weren't thinking we'd get much for it. But am willing to trade it in if there's value.
I got $2100 for the Acura. I thought it was fair and saved me the hassle of having to deal with it separately.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts