Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in Groton, MA, and received notice Thursday Nov 11th to complete the 8 step purchase process. I am waiting for the delivery date assignment, so cautiously optimistic. Recently, I was one of those that had Oct-Dec 2022 delivery move to Jan/Feb 2023. I am a day one Launch Edition pre-order holder from 2018.

· Registered
173 Posts
I'm in Groton, MA, and received notice Thursday Nov 11th to complete the 8 step purchase process. I am waiting for the delivery date assignment, so cautiously optimistic. Recently, I was one of those that had Oct-Dec 2022 delivery move to Jan/Feb 2023. I am a day one Launch Edition pre-order holder from 2018.
We are about the same but have been put off by our R1S interior being Forest Edge. What interior will you get?

· Registered
R1S Adventure (ordered 10/27/21 Est Del 4Q 23), Red Canyon. Genesis GV 60 Mauna Red (bought 9/10/22)
137 Posts
Yes, I have two chargers both 50amp circuits, so ready to go.
Interesting.

I assume you have (or will have) two EVs. Do you need two because you can't get one to reach both, or do you drive so much that both would need to charge every day?

Just curious. I was debating the placement of mine based on the location of the ports on the Rivian/Lucid/GV-60 and how my wife & I park in the garage (she pulls in head first and I back in).

The Rivian/Lucid combo works beast as both will be on the "inside." If we keep the GV-60, it will be as far as possible.

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It is a bit of convenience. We have 3 bays, and we back the cars into the garage. Our first charger was for a hybrid, and the port was forward of the driver side door. Then we purchased a Model 3 with its rear, left quarter panel placement. The vehicles are in separate bays and at the time I figured I would purchase a Tesla charger to maximize charge rate versus the JuiceBox that we bought for the hybrid.

· Registered
11 Posts
This is really good news! I think this is the first post-delay new guide contact I've heard of. I say
"new" to distinguish from continuation of prior contacts/deliveries that were already in process when the late October delays occurred.

And I'll be very interested in when you get the R1S, as transit by train could take us into the new year.

Do you have a VIN?

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This is really good news! I think this is the first post-delay new guide contact I've heard of. I say
"new" to distinguish from continuation of prior contacts/deliveries that were already in process when the late October delays occurred.

And I'll be very interested in when you get the R1S, as transit by train could take us into the new year.

Do you have a VIN?
Yes have a VIN, so I could lock down financing and insurance

· Registered
2022 R1S, Launch Edition, Black on Black Reservation #3459
16 Posts
12/8 18 reservation 4459. I have completed 8 steps and had a delivery date of 11/4. The day of delivery I was notified that there was a problem detected in the final inspection. This problem was a brake line issue that will probably become a recall event for all truck on the road. The engineering team was dispatched to review and come up with a fix for the issue. I have been in contact with the delivery location on a daily basis since. as of today 11/16 there still has not been a repair implemented on my truck and it continues to wait for some fix implementation. I also have no information as to when I will take delivery of my truck. If is very frustrating as I know the truck is built and waiting, the truck is completely paid for, and I have started insurance coverage on a truck I do not have. I appreciate that Rivian found the problem prior to delivery, but I am not happy that it is taking multiple weeks to replace a brake line.

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
12/8 18 reservation 4459. I have completed 8 steps and had a delivery date of 11/4. The day of delivery I was notified that there was a problem detected in the final inspection. This problem was a brake line issue that will probably become a recall event for all truck on the road. The engineering team was dispatched to review and come up with a fix for the issue. I have been in contact with the delivery location on a daily basis since. as of today 11/16 there still has not been a repair implemented on my truck and it continues to wait for some fix implementation. I also have no information as to when I will take delivery of my truck. If is very frustrating as I know the truck is built and waiting, the truck is completely paid for, and I have started insurance coverage on a truck I do not have. I appreciate that Rivian found the problem prior to delivery, but I am not happy that it is taking multiple weeks to replace a brake line.
So do you have a R1S incoming? I know we all have shown immense patience, but I hear so many good things that my excitement is still not diminished.

· Registered
2022 R1S, Launch Edition, Black on Black Reservation #3459
16 Posts
So do you have a R1S incoming? I know we all have shown immense patience, but I hear so many good things that my excitement is still not diminished.
oh yes it is still coming. Again, I appreciate that they are making sure that I receive as perfect a product as possible. I am still very excite to get the truck. it just goes with my luck. if there was any way to delay it would happen to me.

· Registered
2 Posts
Imm in the same place but have not received 8step yet!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts