Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently interested in R1S and looking to not have to wait second half of 2023. Do we know what configuration I could do for the Adventure to not have to wait two years? Or is it likely that no matter what I will be waiting that long if I reserve now?

·
Registered
36 Posts
You might just as well reserve now. If you change your mind, your deposit is refundable. There may even be significant cancellations of previous pre-orders due to economic reasons - this might move you up to the first half of 2023.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Reserve any vehicle now to get a spot in line. Change the configuration based on what we know.

What we know is: Max pack is a delay right now. Otherwise they seem to be prioritizing order of reservations and higher trims first. I don’t expect anyone who makes a reservation (for any trim) in 2022 to get a vehicle until at the earliest, mid 2023. But it’s all a guessing game.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Just more info to throw on the pile, I reserved my R1S (Adventure, large battery, Forest Green, road wheels, Philadelphia area) Feb 2020 and (a month ago) got notified my expected delivery window is Oct-Dec 2022.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just more info to throw on the pile, I reserved my R1S (Adventure, large battery, Forest Green, road wheels, Philadelphia area) Feb 2020 and (a month ago) got notified my expected delivery window is Oct-Dec 2022.
That's wild. I just went ahead and went with Lucid, it's a sedan (unfortunately) but I already confirmed and have a 2-4 month delivery timeline already.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice! Just curious, why Lucid over a Tesla Model S?
I have a Model S right now and the build quality is so bad. Additionally, I just have ethical issues with Tesla and specifically Elon Musk. I bought this car used to not give them more money but I just don't feel comfortable with how this company is run.

I've had to take my Model S in to the shop at least 5 times since purchasing it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
We reserved a Launch edition R1S in Jan 2020 and received an email about a month ago with a delivery window of June-July 2022. We live in Northern CA. From my understanding, no non-employee customers have received their launch edition R1S let alone the adventure model yet. We will continue to wait patiently...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.