1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Premium Member
Fisker Karma, Model S 40, R1S
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
  • 12/2019 | Preordered Launch Green
  • 11/2020 | Ready to Configure, changed to Compass Yellow
  • 2021 ...meditate.
  • 10/2022 | Delivery estimate; June 2023 for Compass Yellow.
  • 11/2022 | Changed back to Launch Green
  • 12/2022 | Your Rivian is ready for Delivery?! Picked it up 5 days later.

During the 3 year wait, I only contacted Rivian once for an update. (I am a boring nonfluencer)
Overall delivery experience was A+
I am very happy with it.

I expect you will be to,

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Tire Photograph

· Premium Member
83 Posts
Congrats! Super excited for you.
I saw my first R1S in the streets this weekend. Probably another very early preorder holder.

My preorder was placed in August '20. I'm curious how many preorders were placed between your and my dates. I know there's no way to figure that out.
I have a feeling that I may get mine earlier than the last communicated date of April-July 23.

Fingers crossed!

· Registered
3 Posts
I just contacted Rivian to understand why my delivery date which is 2024 is later than what a current R1S reservations (2023) are being quoted on the website. The Rivian chat rep told me that the new configurations being quoted on the site are the dual motor version and I could switch for earlier delivery but it would be at the higher price. Seems lame that long time reservation holders are being pushed to the back of the line to deliver the more expensive dual motor versions. I get the economics of it but it leaves a bad taste in the mouth for a long time reservation holder.

· Registered
789 Posts
The website says "Deliveries for new reservations are expected to begin in late 2023.", which is wording that hasn't changed since May when they updated the configuration system. It also says "We'll share your specific vehicle's timing as your delivery date approaches.". Reservations made right now aren't going to get a personalized delivery date until possibly January when the delivery date updates are made. Regardless, this "late 2023" number is NOT a delivery date, it is only broad guidance for planning.

The intent of this statement seems to be to inform people that if they place a "reservation" they should not expect the vehicle for at least a year and that they'll get more detailed information in the future. While it's possible that Rivian may at some point start shipping configurations like the dual-motor before they have finished shipping existing quad-motor orders, due to supply chain or other constraints, the R1S shipments have so far been pretty much in the expected sequence. Rivian is still shipping Launch Editions, and I expect that in the next few months they will have mostly exhausted the LEs and will have moved on to shipping Adventure Editions - those mostly have a 1H23 or a 2H23 date.

What is your configuration and when did you place your order? Are you in one of the states that forbids Rivian from opening a service center?

· Registered
789 Posts
I ordered nov 18 and I have a 2023 date. Not happy
This is an R1S right? If you configured a Launch Edition (configured in Nov 2020) then it's reasonable to expect you would have your vehicle by now or at least in the next month or so - delivery of R1S to customers just started in September, so the first few thousand R1S LE reservations (from 2018 and 2019) should be (in an ideal world) the first few thousand deliveries, which is what we are seeing now. The original poster has a LE and a 2019 reservation, which is consistent with this.

If however you configured an Adventure Edition then you chose that knowing they would ship after the LE. I expect the LE vehicles to still be shipping well into 2023. So while it's possible that Rivian might be shipping some Adventure before the LE deliveries have finished (like they did for the R1T when some interiors/parts were supply constrained), that's not something you should be expecting. There does seem to be some delay of the Forest Edge interior for the R1S, which does affect the sequencing of R1S deliveries, but as far as I can tell they haven't produced any Adventure editions yet.

· Registered
103 Posts
The website says "Deliveries for new reservations are expected to begin in late 2023.", which is wording that hasn't changed since May when they updated the configuration system. It also says "We'll share your specific vehicle's timing as your delivery date approaches.". Reservations made right now aren't going to get a personalized delivery date until possibly January when the delivery date updates are made. Regardless, this "late 2023" number is NOT a delivery date, it is only broad guidance for planning.

The intent of this statement seems to be to inform people that if they place a "reservation" they should not expect the vehicle for at least a year and that they'll get more detailed information in the future. While it's possible that Rivian may at some point start shipping configurations like the dual-motor before they have finished shipping existing quad-motor orders, due to supply chain or other constraints, the R1S shipments have so far been pretty much in the expected sequence. Rivian is still shipping Launch Editions, and I expect that in the next few months they will have mostly exhausted the LEs and will have moved on to shipping Adventure Editions - those mostly have a 1H23 or a 2H23 date.

What is your configuration and when did you place your order? Are you in one of the states that forbids Rivian from opening a service center?
I just made a call to Vinice Club Service center in California. they said late 2023 delivery date is correct for current orders, and also they said... mine will be change to some time in 2023 from 2024 ( change happens in Jan 2023), she told me they going to update delivery dates Quartley going forward... 2024 is not the final date for me... it is good news.. she also confirmed we need to re-order Adventure Gear stuff which we ordered during purchage.. .(good thing is they are going honored old price for the peopl who ordered during the purchage date), Adventure Gear stuff will deliver separately without including into car loan... This is a good idea as it is not including into purchage price ( will reduce loan amount , interest on it and also motor tax)...

thanks

· Registered
Future R1S
14 Posts
Congratulations aaron0k. How about some more details from Rivian at least in the earnings call? How many R1T, RIS, EDVs were manufactured and delivered in the ending quarter? And what versions? Rivian has the data, so why don't they share it? I'll continue to hedge my bets waiting for my R1S with deposits on a Volvo EV90, Ford F150 Lightning, and Fisker Ocean until I read more reviews and get to a decision point. May keep the Hyundai Tucson hybrid which I love and get the Ocean to replace an older Impreza.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts