Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
R1T's are trickling out. Recently a memo was sent that preorder holders will begin to see the R1S LE's start their deliveries between April-July, and possibly completing by the end of 2022. But, there has been no mention or discussion asto preordered R1S Adventure or Explorer models. " Nothing but disappointment after disappointment." We were all told that we could expect R1S deliveries to begin January 2022. I wonder if Rivian is still considering deliveries based on options and preorder holders who's location is nearest the Normal Plant.
This might be my only chance to see my R1S Adventure anytime soon, as I preordered the R1S Adventure Black with Ocean interior and 22inch wheels. And I live as hour and a half from Normal!

·
Registered
213 Posts
But, there has been no mention or discussion asto preordered R1S Adventure or Explorer models.
Actually they did, just awkwardly in the email they sent to LE pre-order holders of what is their delivery window, which obviously non-LE (i.e. Explore and Adventure) will not "directly" see from Rivian.

In that email to LE pre-order holders was a footnote that stated the following: "* Rivian preorder holders with an Adventure or Explore Package will receive their vehicle delivery window before the end of the year. "

That said, give them the chance to do what they "indirectly" announced to non-LE orders - you will be contacted by the end of the year.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Actually they did, just awkwardly in the email they sent to LE pre-order holders of what is their delivery window, which obviously non-LE (i.e. Explore and Adventure) will not "directly" see from Rivian.

In that email to LE pre-order holders was a footnote that stated the following: "* Rivian preorder holders with an Adventure or Explore Package will receive their vehicle delivery window before the end of the year. "

That said, give them the chance to do what they "indirectly" announced to non-LE orders - you will be contacted by the end of the year.
As one of the non-LE pre-order holders (Jun 2020), I'm eagerly looking forward to the end of year announcedment by Rivian. I wonder however about it's content, and specifically if that announcement will have any information about the model I really want, but can't configure, the R1S Max.

Right now, since I can't configure the vehicle I need, my placeholder is for an R1T Max. I've contacted Customer Service repeatedly seeking information about the R1S Max, but to no avail. Rivian CS now says that they've annotated my file to indicate my need for the R1S Max but of course, they may just be telling me that to get me off the chat line . . .

·
Registered
213 Posts
but can't configure, the R1S Max.
Good point. That's unfortunate and I suspect there may be some other fringe cases not covered in their announcement strategy. So hopefully Rivian (is listening!) resolves this sooner than later. Best you and others can do at this time is to continually and frequently remind them of this directly with phone calls, emails, and evenly publicly asking them via their social media sites.

·
Registered
46 Posts
It’s already last week of the year and no news whatsoever, so I start to wander May be they are talking the End of 2022?
I wish it was funny but their communication is sucks . All timelines they have announced so far have failed, so keep waiting in the dark 😞

·
Registered
1 Posts
R1T's are trickling out. Recently a memo was sent that preorder holders will begin to see the R1S LE's start their deliveries between April-July, and possibly completing by the end of 2022. But, there has been no mention or discussion asto preordered R1S Adventure or Explorer models. " Nothing but disappointment after disappointment." We were all told that we could expect R1S deliveries to begin January 2022. I wonder if Rivian is still considering deliveries based on options and preorder holders who's location is nearest the Normal Plant.
This might be my only chance to see my R1S Adventure anytime soon, as I preordered the R1S Adventure Black with Ocean interior and 22inch wheels. And I live as hour and a half from Normal!
I think I am in the same boat as you are and live the same distance from Normal... I am more interested in a test drive since I have three other electric vehicles on order. I know there are going to be delays, I dont expect anything this year but am hoping for a test drive during one of their tours.. No different than my Tesla, GM, and Lucid reservations. Will be interesting to see how this all shakes out..

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm not really disappointed that the timeline keeps getting extended. This is the reality we live in right now. Omicron and an entitled workforce probably added a few more weeks to the wait. There are plenty of Chevy bolts floating around if you're in a rush!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Do you all think that an order placed today for an adventure pack R1S with standard range vs same order with R1T placed today will result in R1S delivered sooner than the R1T due to backlog?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Do you all think that an order placed today for an adventure pack R1S with standard range vs same order with R1T placed today will result in R1S delivered sooner than the R1T due to backlog?
I think anything ordered today would not make a difference between R1S or R1T (exception probably the max pack not yet available for R1S) for delivery window. Once they start delivering the R1S they will probably building the R1S and R1T vehicles every day.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts