Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Title says it all . I’m a nov 19 reservation with June / July delivery . But seeing as every R1T out there is BM - are all you early delivery holders out there who want a truck fast going BM?

I’m FE right now with LG and I’d really love that combo but not at the expense of a delay .

Rivian - I love what you’re doing , so excited for this product , and no disrespect, but I wish you could email us with some clarity .

much love

·
Registered
562 Posts
BM? Too much trouble to type Black Mountain?

Your delivery window is based in part on what interior color you chose. So yes, if you had chosen "BM" then perhaps you would have received it by now, because it seems that is the first interior they mass-produced (for whatever reason). But I believe Rivian is on track to meet their delivery window estimates, so I expect that they will have "FE" and "OC" available to deliver when they said they would deliver - which in your case is June/July.

My "OC" is scheduled for May/June, which is what they told me back in November and which is when I expect I will receive my vehicle.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually - I’m speaking about R1s - I don’t believe anyone has received n R1s . And I don’t think anyone has received an R1T in a spec other than BM ( which I’m glad you were able to figure out , but thanks for reminding me why most people prefer to lurk lest they get trolled )
Anyway , my question was really . Is anyone considering going Black Mountain on their R1S specs for fear of their delivery date being pushed back ??

thanks

·
Registered
562 Posts
Actually, I initially had no idea what you meant when you said "every R1T out there is BM", since you didn't say you were talking about interior color. Generally, it's best practice to spell it out before you start throwing around non-standard abbreviations. Assuming everyone else knows what you mean rarely ends well. Even just "black" would have been more descriptive than "BM" ...

Yes, there have been R1T deliveries in interior colors other than black, but the majority of initial deliveries have been black.

Regardless, my comment still stands - Rivian sent you a delivery window based on your configuration, so I think you really will get your R1S in that window. Others are just starting to receive theirs now ... I don't think FG will delay you, but switching interior color now has the possibility to delay you because you would be asking them to make more black interiors than they planned for.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually, I initially had no idea what you meant when you said "every R1T out there is BM", since you didn't say you were talking about interior color. Generally, it's best practice to spell it out before you start throwing around non-standard abbreviations. Assuming everyone else knows what you mean rarely ends well. Even just "black" would have been more descriptive than "BM" ...

Yes, there have been R1T deliveries in interior colors other than black, but the majority of initial deliveries have been black.

Regardless, my comment still stands - Rivian sent you a delivery window based on your configuration, so I think you really will get your R1S in that window. Others are just starting to receive theirs now ... I don't think FG will delay you, but switching interior color now has the possibility to delay you because you would be asking them to make more black interiors than they planned for.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Point taken , Fair enough . You also could have explained your point instead of leading with what I took as a somewhat condescending remark .

Anyway , I went with black mountain for several reason . 1. As a hedge , but as you pointed out it may backfire . 2. I have launch green and the black all terrains - I think the black will match the tires and contrast better with LG. 3. I’m gonna save some cash

but I appreciate your input

·
Registered
562 Posts
I think the black looks good with the launch green. I like the forest edge interior the best, actually, but I'm not sure it will match well with any of the exterior colors. I've seen the launch green and the forest green exterior, but I haven't see the forest edge interior so I'm not sure exactly what shade of green it is and whether it will match the green exteriors. I don't understand the people who want, e.g., a red exterior and a forest edge interior. I think the interior and exterior should at least not clash ...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Title says it all . I’m a nov 19 reservation with June / July delivery . But seeing as every R1T out there is BM - are all you early delivery holders out there who want a truck fast going BM?

I’m FE right now with LG and I’d really love that combo but not at the expense of a delay .

Rivian - I love what you’re doing , so excited for this product , and no disrespect, but I wish you could email us with some clarity .

much love

much love
There’s been a lot of chatter of R1T preorders with different interior colors being offered to wait or take delivery with Black Mountain. Clearly the interior color isn’t the only thing they base the delivery on. Put in what you want and hopefully they have your choice when you get the call. My preorder, an R1T Adventure Limestone/Forest Edge 21” rim and gear shuttle…if they call to say it’s my turn with something else I’ll make a judgment call then.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts