Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
We had the same in our Mercedes B Class, but just the opposite. Never took it out of the radar based automatic regen. Really loved that feature.

The 2014 Mercedes B class that I just sold to Carvana had a regen breaking mode that was tied to the front radar. It automatically adjusted regen breaking based on the car in front. We never used it. Always drove in most aggressive regen mode.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I placed my order last week and have been researching what the heck I ordered. =P

I'd like to share the list of features I found common in luxury SUVs (X5, GLE, RX, etc.) in the ~$70k range back when I bought two SUVs in 2016 and compare it to the R1S. I will update this as more information comes in. Share what you'd expect from the R1S and help fill in the blanks.

Disclaimers: Yes, I know the R1S costs more. Yes, this list is not exhaustive and the R1S has many additional features. Yes, I know a lot of these are standard in non-luxury cars now. Let's hope Rivian can deliver.

Last updated: 4/12/2021

FeatureOthers (above $60k, Optional becomes Yes)Rivian R1S
General & Convenience
Key-less entry/startYY?
Remote startYY?
Power liftgateYY
Height-adjustable liftgateY?
Touch-free liftgateOptional?
Lower tailgate capacity if available400lbs (X5), 440lbs (RR)?
Driving
Dynamic cruise controlYDriver+
Lane centering / keepingOptionalDriver+
Hill assistOptionalY?
Adaptive (or adjustable) suspensionOptional"adaptive damping", adjustable 8.1" to 14.4"
Seating and comfort
Leather seatsOptionalVegan-only (a.k.a. pleather)
Power memory seat adjustments8-way and upY?
Power-adjustable lumbarOptionalY
Heated front seatsYY
Ventilated front seatsOptional, >$80k = cooledAdventure+ only
Sport/side bolsteringOptionalY
Heated steering wheelOptionalY
HEPA filtersOptional? (let's hope so with all that off-road dust)
Navigation and entertainment
Screen10" and up15.6" touchscreen
Speakers14-16 speakers, 545W to 835WAdventure+: 22/1400W
Siri Eyes FreeY?, Alexa available
Speed-adjusted volumeY?
Qi chargerOptional"Wireless inductive charger"
Lights
LED headlampsOptionalY
Turning/adaptive headlampsOptionalY
Puddle lampsY?
Windows
Panoramic sunroofYY
Rain-sensing wipersY?
Power one-touch up/down windowsY?
Parking and Mirrors
Rear cameraY"11 cameras"
Birds-eye/360-degree tops-down viewYField of vision 360º
Auto-dimming rear-viewY?
Auto-dimming side mirrorsY?
Power folding side mirrorsY?
Blind Spot MonitoringYI hope so!
Heated side mirrorsOptional?
Exterior
Wheels19" standard and upY
Self-healing paintOptional?
Bells and Whistles
HUDOptionalNo :(
Automated parallel parkingOptional?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Do people really like the HUD? I have had it twice in the last 20 years and to be honest it was ok but not something I would jump for. My wife hated it.
I love heads up display on my Yukon Denali....this vehicle should definitely have it as an option...most would opt for it...

·
Registered
40 Posts
I’ve been in cars with good HUDs and cars with bad ones. I think BMW does one of the best jobs with information displayed through the HUD. My Lexus RX and Mercedes S-Class HUDs weren’t worth using. The newer model Lexus LS has a good HUD.

All that being said. Having had a few cars with a HUD I’m ok without one until the technology drastically improves.
I cannot imagine my Yukon without the HUD..I never look at the cluster...they do it very, very well....I'm surprised it's not offered...it should be...I'd go for it 100% of the time.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts