Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I know the R1S’ seats (I’m most interested in the2 row/180kwh model) “fold flat” but do we have pics/know this means flush w trunk/cargo space? It’s important for my purposes to be able to sleep/car camp inside. Thanks!

·
Registered
451 Posts
Welcome to the forum Wandering42D!

From what I've found there isn't a clear number for what the storage space is with the seats down.

According to Rivian's wesbite the R1S has 7.1 cu ft of storage but that's with the seats up and Car and Driver cays that there's "a six-cubic-foot storage area underneath the rear cargo floor".

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, just a follow up for anyone who cares, I found this youtube vid (youtube skip to 5:26) which shows an R1S' back, 3 rows, being reclined. I can't tell if the person put the 3rd row "fully down," there are 2 folding flaps that jut out. I can't imagine that's how its meant to hold cargo. Thoughts?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Hi, just a follow up for anyone who cares, I found this youtube vid (youtube skip to 5:26) which shows an R1S' back, 3 rows, being reclined. I can't tell if the person put the 3rd row "fully down," there are 2 folding flaps that jut out. I can't imagine that's how its meant to hold cargo. Thoughts?
To me it seems you have to push those flaps down after the seats fold flat. Otherwise it sticks up like that.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I'm with @ehauer I would think you have to push those flaps down. Those third row seats have to go lower than that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts