Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are excited to see the app now available and the first R1T's being delivered, now my excitement and focus is going to turn to the R1S (Since that's what I ordered). We know it's deliveries are scheduled to begin "Later in the year", but we of course don't know what that means exactly.

For that reason, I'm curious if anyone who is an R1S pre-order early adopter has been contact by a Rivian Guide yet? Obviously that would be the first sign that it's getting close.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've been obsessively checking every forum, and the answer is no. No R1S outreach.

It's maddening that they keep on pushing out the deadlines without clear communications. I'm fine with delays. I'm fine with waiting. I'm not fine with pretending everything's going according to plan when things aren't moving as quickly as anticipated. I hope the next week leads to a whole lot more clarity.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I keep checking three to four times everyday to see if there is any update on R1S, hate being in the dark! I wish RJ and their team has a real plan for getting the R1S deliveries soon.

·
Registered
R1S LE in LE Green (8/14/2019 Preorder)
194 Posts
I've been obsessively checking every forum, and the answer is no. No R1S outreach.

It's maddening that they keep on pushing out the deadlines without clear communications. I'm fine with delays. I'm fine with waiting. I'm not fine with pretending everything's going according to plan when things aren't moving as quickly as anticipated. I hope the next week leads to a whole lot more clarity.
On the First Drive thread I saw a couple first drive invites to people who held R1S reservations. Hopeful!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm also hopeful I'll get an invite to the norcal first drive event - but the real tell here is guide contacts (or lack thereof). Does not make me think we're getting our LE R1Ses this year. Would love - love! - to be wrong.

·
Registered
145 Posts

It is so bad that there is no place existing where one can go and look at a real vehicle. In order to see a real vehicle i plan to go to Normal and drive around near the plant and hope to see a real Rivian. I am tired of pictures and videos. No, no guide has called this R1S early pre-order holder, either.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well it’s almost official. Further delays coming for R1S. New dates are coming. Email from my guide.

“I received word that we'll be completing deliveries for the R1S the same way we launched the R1T, meaning the first R1S deliveries are going to employees for final ownership experience feedback. Our earliest non-employee deliveries will begin towards the end of May, and we'll continue to ramp production of the R1S through June and July.

Unfortunately, with so many updates and moving parts, I don't have clear visibility on whether or not you'll fall into that end-of-May window. Where we are right now, your delivery window will likely be refreshed to display more accurate delivery timing in the coming weeks.”

·
Registered
50 Posts
Well it’s almost official. Further delays coming for R1S. New dates are coming. Email from my guide.

“I received word that we'll be completing deliveries for the R1S the same way we launched the R1T, meaning the first R1S deliveries are going to employees for final ownership experience feedback. Our earliest non-employee deliveries will begin towards the end of May, and we'll continue to ramp production of the R1S through June and July.

Unfortunately, with so many updates and moving parts, I don't have clear visibility on whether or not you'll fall into that end-of-May window. Where we are right now, your delivery window will likely be refreshed to display more accurate delivery timing in the coming weeks.”
Ugh...

·
Registered
2019 Zero SR/F and 2018, BMW i3
314 Posts
My window is May/June and I don't even have a assigned guide yet so I'm assuming it will be delayed. Hope the best, expect the worst.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I guess I'll start mining for precious metals and build my own giga factory to make my own. It appears that a 5,000,000 SF factory goes up faster than the products it produces. Anyone want to loan me a trillion dollars?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Not sure how much this matters, but just got an email basically to "get your wallet ready" and I should be hearing from a guide soon. I realize that may mean I'm still many months away, but my delivery window is Oct - Dec 2022 for a NON-LE R1S (Forest Green/Black; adventure; road wheels) being delivered to Pennsylvania. Reserved Feb 2020. I'm a pessimist so I hope to get the car by Christmas.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Not sure how much this matters, but just got an email basically to "get your wallet ready" and I should be hearing from a guide soon. I realize that may mean I'm still many months away, but my delivery window is Oct - Dec 2022 for a NON-LE R1S (Forest Green/Black; adventure; road wheels) being delivered to Pennsylvania. Reserved Feb 2020. I'm a pessimist so I hope to get the car by Christmas.
I got the same email today. Not sure what to make of it as there are no changes to my account or any steps to complete there. Of course no outreach from a guide either.
The email refers to “as we communicated last week” but I checked and I do not any previous email on the topic.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I got the same email today. Not sure what to make of it as there are no changes to my account or any steps to complete there. Of course no outreach from a guide either.
The email refers to “as we communicated last week” but I checked and I do not any previous email on the topic.
I hate when stuff like this happens. Have you tried reaching out to customer service to see if they sent you anything last week?

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
What is your delivery window?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a May/June delivery window for my LE R1S. I've been checking in with Rivian via the Live Chat to confirm delivery timing every few weeks going back since November 2021 when I first learned what my window would be. Rivian reps have been consistent that my delivery window is intact. Every time, same story...just hang tight they say. So...it's May 6th and I still have not heard from my Guide, have no idea if a test drive will be possible before I have to commit, still haven't seen the car in person on the road. In the meantime, I've had to patch together my 16 year old Highlander hybrid which really should have been retired a year ago. (now that was a GREAT car)

I've waited more than 3 years for my Rivian, and if I'm honest, I wish I had never gotten involved. The shine is off the brand for me and my excitement is gone. There are some awesome other EVs out there now, and if I'm spending $85k, the BMW X5 hybrid looks really good.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yea, I'm normally not calm/zen/patient about anything in life but for some reason this is just not stressing me out. Perhaps it's other stuff in life that's going quite well. Perhaps it's the losses in my brokerage account that would be paying for this thing making me not want to take delivery TODAY (ha ha...kidding kind of). Anyway, there is still absolutely nothing on the market to compete with the R1S so it's not like I have an alternative. I don't even see anything kind of similar on the horizon. Perhaps the VW id buzz (yea I'm sure many of you are wondering wtf). I'm lucky to have a daily driver for...daily driving. And I still have a runs-like-a-clock Land Cruiser 100 series for "feeling manly" and doing outdoor stuff (which is really a once a year road trip). $5 gas isn't so fun, but then again I shouldn't drive on 33" tires to go get groceries.

I was never really in it for the brand or the tech...I just wanted an electric version of my LC and the R1S is pretty much it. So yea, I guess I'll keep waiting.

·
Registered
3 Posts
What is your delivery window?
I just checked via chat and they said oct-dec 2022 but also mentioned that they wil be providing updated delivery windows in next few weeks. (I have heard that before but it has never materialized, just like the promised add of the delivery window to the account page)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts