Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the fact that the 400+ miles battery pack is not available on the configurator mean it is not an option? It is already on the R1T. While I understand that the LE of the R1T are coming first, it would seem like a simple change to add onto R1S configurator if that was the plan.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Tesla Model S 85D, 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD OffRoad
469 Posts
Rivian has specifically stated that you won’t be able to configure a max pack R1S until next year.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Does the fact that the 400+ miles battery pack is not available on the configurator mean it is not an option? It is already on the R1T. While I understand that the LE of the R1T are coming first, it would seem like a simple change to add onto R1S configurator if that was the plan.
It should become available either right before or shortly after the 2022 release of the R1S. But, what I have been told from Rivian, it will change where you are in line if you already have a order submitted.

·
Registered
GMC Sierra, Bolt, Sky, Mach E
232 Posts
It should become available either right before or shortly after the 2022 release of the R1S. But, what I have been told from Rivian, it will change where you are in line if you already have a order submitted.
The web site states this, so if you did not specify an LE, I do not see why it would change your place in line:

The R1S can be configured with the 300+ mile Large pack, available for delivery beginning in August 2021 if configured as a Launch Edition. All other configurations of the Large pack will be available for delivery beginning in January 2022.

We’ll announce the timing for a longer range R1S and a 250+ mile pack for both the R1T and the R1S after we launch.

As usual though, it is clear as mud.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I meant as to why is it available for the R1T configurator but not R1S configurator. They are only a month off in terms of production schedule.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I meant as to why is it available for the R1T configurator but not R1S configurator. They are only a month off in terms of production schedule.
It seems they are having issues getting it to fit in the 7 seat configuration.

There is speculation that it will have a larger pack but may not be a 400+ range.

They are expecting to have more details early next year for the R1S larger pack and not available until later in the year.

·
Registered
100 Posts
It seems they are having issues getting it to fit in the 7 seat configuration.

There is speculation that it will have a larger pack but may not be a 400+ range.

They are expecting to have more details early next year for the R1S larger pack and not available until later in the year.
I'm waiting...range is worth the wait...

·
Registered
100 Posts
What the latest on charging station for these vehicles.
You'll be able to use any J1772 charger out there...as far as tesla chargers go, a teslatap or other option will make it so that you can use tesla chargers, as well (not the superchargers, though). Rivian will be creating their own superchargers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
While driving cross-country may not be an option without super charging station when deliveries begin. What are the options.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Tesla Model S 85D, 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD OffRoad
469 Posts
While driving cross-country may not be an option without super charging station when deliveries begin. What are the options.
Below is a map of existing CCs chargers > 120kW. There are several cross country routes, just not thru Dakotas / WY / MT.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I don't know how definitive this is, but when I asked Rivian CS about the Max for the R1S, I was told to expect an announcement about the option sometime in early 2022.

If and when the option is in the configurator, I would hope that adding it to your order would keep your relative place in the non-LE line. It will be interesting to see if the Max pack for the R1S is the same 180 kWh capacity as the R1T, and what its cost is. I would not be surprised if the capacity (and hence range) was lower since the space is more limited than in the pickup.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I don't know how definitive this is, but when I asked Rivian CS about the Max for the R1S, I was told to expect an announcement about the option sometime in early 2022.

If and when the option is in the configurator, I would hope that adding it to your order would keep your relative place in the non-LE line. It will be interesting to see if the Max pack for the R1S is the same 180 kWh capacity as the R1T, and what its cost is. I would not be surprised if the capacity (and hence range) was lower since the space is more limited than in the pickup.
Pretty sure you will lose your place in line if you opt for the max battery when it becomes available, since they don't plan on building those until after all the current large pack reservations are built.

·
Registered
27 Posts
We don't know of course but I'm not quite as sure about that; apparently only 20% of R1T orders are Max pack. I don't think they'll want to lose customers by being jerks, so they'll probably just delay the Max pack launch for R1S further if necessary. I don't know what I would do if I were asked to wait longer for a Max pack, but I certainly won't cancel my order.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts