Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the fact that the 400+ miles battery pack is not available on the configurator mean it is not an option? It is already on the R1T. While I understand that the LE of the R1T are coming first, it would seem like a simple change to add onto R1S configurator if that was the plan.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Tesla Model S 85D, 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD OffRoad
310 Posts
Rivian has specifically stated that you won’t be able to configure a max pack R1S until next year.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Does the fact that the 400+ miles battery pack is not available on the configurator mean it is not an option? It is already on the R1T. While I understand that the LE of the R1T are coming first, it would seem like a simple change to add onto R1S configurator if that was the plan.
It should become available either right before or shortly after the 2022 release of the R1S. But, what I have been told from Rivian, it will change where you are in line if you already have a order submitted.

·
Registered
204 Posts
It should become available either right before or shortly after the 2022 release of the R1S. But, what I have been told from Rivian, it will change where you are in line if you already have a order submitted.
The web site states this, so if you did not specify an LE, I do not see why it would change your place in line:

The R1S can be configured with the 300+ mile Large pack, available for delivery beginning in August 2021 if configured as a Launch Edition. All other configurations of the Large pack will be available for delivery beginning in January 2022.

We’ll announce the timing for a longer range R1S and a 250+ mile pack for both the R1T and the R1S after we launch.

As usual though, it is clear as mud.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I meant as to why is it available for the R1T configurator but not R1S configurator. They are only a month off in terms of production schedule.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I meant as to why is it available for the R1T configurator but not R1S configurator. They are only a month off in terms of production schedule.
It seems they are having issues getting it to fit in the 7 seat configuration.

There is speculation that it will have a larger pack but may not be a 400+ range.

They are expecting to have more details early next year for the R1S larger pack and not available until later in the year.

·
Registered
56 Posts
It seems they are having issues getting it to fit in the 7 seat configuration.

There is speculation that it will have a larger pack but may not be a 400+ range.

They are expecting to have more details early next year for the R1S larger pack and not available until later in the year.
I'm waiting...range is worth the wait...

·
Registered
56 Posts
What the latest on charging station for these vehicles.
You'll be able to use any J1772 charger out there...as far as tesla chargers go, a teslatap or other option will make it so that you can use tesla chargers, as well (not the superchargers, though). Rivian will be creating their own superchargers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts