Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

R1S - Panoramic Roof

16K views 25 replies 15 participants last post by  FanFLelectric 
Thanks JimmyEV - I noticed they did not highlight the 'electrochromic' feature on the specs for the roof, just 'panoramic', and was looking for confirmation.

I just called the support line and asked - Electrochromic is NOT part of the Launch offer, just a tinted glass. I asked how much tint and if they could compare it to another window on the vehicle and she could not. Just said to wait for the configurator to see pics.

This is interesting and not something I considered being a thing until now. I love the idea of the Panoramic roof but I live in the South and typically travel further south more often than anywhere else. That means the sun will beat the crap out of the interior and road trips will have the sun beaming in the entire time. Parking outside?- you are coming back to an extremely hot interior with direct sunlight on everything. Want to park and wait while your car charges??? Not if you have to sit in the sun the entire time. Weird thing to think about dealing with...Anyone have an idea of how strong the tint is?

When I called and asked this question, they said there is NO sunshade

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.