Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

If Racking was an option would you like them to install Bars or Rails?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know or have pics of the roof racking bar system or options? Will it have crossbars or rails to mount a racking system to??

·
Registered
6 Posts
Anyone know or have pics of the roof racking bar system or options? Will it have crossbars or rails to mount a racking system to??
The R1S shares the roof rack system that is designed for the R1T. There are three sets of mount points. The bars "snap" into the roof and are locked in. A pair of bars is weight rated to 790lbs static load and 250lbs dynamic load. i.e. if you have a tent mounted to the the racks, then the bars will hold two people and the tent. If you're driving down the road then you shouldn't have more than 250lbs on the bars.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I don't understand the need for this poll? Rivian already has attachment points built into every R1T/R1S, and they've said crossbars will be available as an accessory for launch.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I don't understand the need for this poll? Rivian already has attachment points built into every R1T/R1S, and they've said crossbars will be available as an accessory for launch.
Unless you need more weight or really need to position cross bars in a very particular fasion, then the factory bars will cover your need.

·
Registered
1 Posts
FWIW, here's an answer from Rivian customer service in response to a related question I asked them ( I am purchasing a roof box for my existing vehicle and wanted to make sure it would fit the R1S):

"
Thank you for reaching out to Rivian today! I am more than happy to help you prepare for your Electric Adventure Vehicle. Here are the distances from the various points on the R1S.

• Distance between front and middle roof rack anchor points: 36"
  • Distance between the middle and rear roof rack anchor points: 27"
  • Distance between front and rear roof rack anchor points: 63"
"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts