Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently have a order in place, but bummed to hear there both won't be a 2nd row pass through, nor the ability to manually remove the middle 2nd row seat. Have three kiddos so this is a major setback from our current Pilot Elite with captains. One concept I've been curious about is having our oldest enter from the tailgate by climbing in... however I'm curious what the tailgate height might be when the vehicle is in its lowest parked setting? Anyone heard?

·
Registered
217 Posts
I have to think it's a big step up for a kid. How does the 2nd row slide or tilt for 3rd row access? I legit don't know.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Correct me if am wrong, but doesn't the second row seats adjust forward and flip up to let people in the 3rd row????? Just had a new Chevy Tahoe and drove it to Truckee CA. Access to the 3rd wasn't problem for the grown adults seated in the 3rd row. Rivian has to have this dialed in.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Correct me if am wrong, but doesn't the second row seats adjust forward and flip up to let people in the 3rd row????? Just had a new Chevy Tahoe and drove it to Truckee CA. Access to the 3rd wasn't problem for the grown adults seated in the 3rd row. Rivian has to have this dialed in.
Yes, that's exactly what it does. The 2nd row folds down flat and then it can also flip forward. They demo this in an Instagram video: Design - @rivianofficial

The thing I noticed most though is how little leg room there is in the 3rd row... yikes! For a vehicle as long and square as the R1S is I was surprised to see how tight the 3rd row was. Maybe they should have made the frunk a bit smaller and lengthened the interior cabin 2-3 inches.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yes, that's exactly what it does. The 2nd row folds down flat and then it can also flip forward. They demo this in an Instagram video: Design - @rivianofficial

The thing I noticed most though is how little leg room there is in the 3rd row... yikes! For a vehicle as long and square as the R1S is I was surprised to see how tight the 3rd row was. Maybe they should have made the frunk a bit smaller and lengthened the interior cabin 2-3 inches.
Great point!!! I guess we are going to have to wait until the Ride & Drive Events start happening to determine the space issues. It's so hard when we haven't seen these vehicles and have no true ideas.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Help? Maybe I can get an answer here... Does anyone know the R1S rear hatch opening height, when open. I'm looking for 1.0 meters. I have a test cart that needs to fit into the back hatch area for work. Thank You.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts