Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a heads up I took delivery of my R1S in the evening on 12/19/2022 and didn't notice the rear top glass was cracked. I am guessing it was cracked on the transport truck.

I just wanted to post up, it may be something anyone taking delivery wants to specifically check for. The earliest service date I can get to fix it in Southern California is 02/01/2023. So far Rivian says they are going to cover the replacement.

Sky Azure Rectangle Asphalt Horizon

Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Tire Automotive design

Plant Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle Water

· Registered
4 Posts
Same for me though they caught it during the pre-delivery inspection at the Bellevue Wa SC. Pushed my delivery a week(to 12/24) while they fixed it. They were guessing transport damaged as well. I was thankful they caught it and they were proactive in communicating with me. They got it fixed and it was in good shape when I finally took possesion. Some of the vehicles are on the truck are at some angle less than horizontal so the roof becomes part windshield in that orientation. This time of year theres definitely a lot of rocks and things on the road in the northern latitudes. I am just chalking it up to that. For what it's worth mine was cracked in the front over the driver. Sorry that happened to you too.

· Registered
162 Posts
Can anyone comment on how fragile glass sunroofs are on their cars? I purposely bought my Model S in 2014 without one. Our Jeep Grand Cherokee has a big sunroof that we never use and has never cracked.
Presumably the same truckers that transport Rivian's vehicles also transport other manufacturer's vehicles. I am worried there is some torque on the sunroof glass that makes them easy to crack...

· Registered
R1T LE
58 Posts
I’ve had no problems with my glass roof on my R1T since taking delivery last March 2022. I also had it limo tinted 3 months ago with zero issues. Luckily it doesn’t open like my last Gen 2 Raptor that had major failures with that sunroof.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts