Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
R1S Reservation Holder
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is not encouraging. Video shows a plastic sleeve splitting and causing the accelerator pedal to detach from the car. Seems like an easy fix, but looks like a potential recall brewing?

·
Registered
102 Posts
If the pedal broke during normal use when normal forces were applied, that could be a design defect. If it broke when a driver's shoe got caught behind it somehow and the driver applied abnormal force to free himself I would say the pedal worked as it should. It would have been worse if the driver could not free himself.

·
Registered
15 Posts
If the pedal broke during normal use when normal forces were applied that could be a design defect. If it broke when a driver's shoe got caught behind it somehow and the driver applied abnormal force to free himself I would say the pedal worked as it should. It would have been worse if the driver could not free himself.
Agreed! Thank you! .... clickbait!

·
Registered
2017 Subaru Impreza
5 Posts
This is not encouraging. Video shows a plastic sleeve splitting and causing the accelerator pedal to detach from the car. Seems like an easy fix, but looks like a potential recall brewing?

Perhaps it is a faulty part, but most cars made since 2000s have the same thing. Even if the arm is metal the hinge mechanism is probably plastic. It's meant to pivot with gentle pressure and not to withstand lateral torques

I am glad Sasquatch is ok though, and didn’t happen while they were driving. I am pleased to see that Rivian responded quickly :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts