Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^ What was your configuration @IThinkFreely ?
Just the heading - Adventure, large pack, glacier white. No bells or whistles. Allegedly the first trucks to roll off the line that are not LE and yet they are saying another 9-10 months. What a joke.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just got my del window Oct-Dec 22 Adventure with Large pack. I changed it from the max pack a few months ago in order to bump up may del date. Yea I'll be in a new truck long before then. Strung along long enough!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you don’t mind me asking, what made you decide to order a non-LE? I am assuming LEs were still available in 2018.
It's so long ago I can't even remember. I think I thought it was only available in the green color maybe.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Your Adventure Package R1T estimated delivery window is October - December 2022.

Late order. Though I've been watching Rivian since 2018, I didn't put down a deposit till 9/21.

I've been wondering which I'd get first, the Lightning ordered within minutes on 5/19 (likely would get in Summer 2022, but will know for sure in January), or the Rivian R1T. I prefer the Rivian size, and height adjustment. I prefer the Ford Frunk and local service (sadly no service in New Mexico for Rivian or Tesla...though Tesla found a work around by work with a local Native reservation. Maybe Rivian can do the same?).

I really have to think. I almost wanted the Rivian to be delayed to Summer 2023 so I would buy the Lightning in 2022 and then sell it in 2023. And a September 2022 delivery of the R1T would likely have me wait...December is a bit tougher. Definitely splits the time frame.

Do I get Ford in July and sell it in December? Seems weird but doable. Of course I could like the Ford and then pass on the R1T, but I've been watching the Rivian so long and really would like one...

edit: of course if the Ford is delayed past summer that would make it slightly easier? I am going to just think of this as more time to save money

·
Registered
220 Posts
Your Adventure Package R1T estimated delivery window is October - December 2022.

Late order. Though I've been watching Rivian since 2018, I didn't put down a deposit till 9/21.

I've been wondering which I'd get first, the Lightning ordered within minutes on 5/19 (likely would get in Summer 2022, but will know for sure in January), or the Rivian R1T. I prefer the Rivian size, and height adjustment. I prefer the Ford Frunk and local service (sadly no service in New Mexico for Rivian or Tesla...though Tesla found a work around by work with a local Native reservation. Maybe Rivian can do the same?).

I really have to think. I almost wanted the Rivian to be delayed to Summer 2023 so I would buy the Lightning in 2022 and then sell it in 2023. And a September 2022 delivery of the R1T would likely have me wait...December is a bit tougher. Definitely splits the time frame.

Do I get Ford in July and sell it in December? Seems weird but doable. Of course I could like the Ford and then pass on the R1T, but I've been watching the Rivian so long and really would like one...

edit: of course if the Ford is delayed past summer that would make it slightly easier? I am going to just think of this as more time to save money
I'm in the same situation. It seems silly but I might do it considering Ford has halted reservations. The hope is that it won't drop in value more than the tax credit is worth which if you spec a base model it might not.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I got October to December, also New Jersey, and ordered at NY auto show in 2019
I was at that show also. Seems like 20 years ago. My initial reaction to the windows is that they are favoring west coast over east. Service guys don't like the cold?

·
Registered
220 Posts
If you don’t mind me asking, what made you decide to order a non-LE? I am assuming LEs were still available in 2018.
I did the same and cancelled my LE when I saw things weren't making it to production. I had a flash back and PTSD of ordering a Founder's Tesla Model X and it seemed by the time I got delivery...the vehicle went from AP1 to AP2. To which I placed a new order sold my AP1 and ordered and received my AP2 6 months later.

As much as I wanted to be first in line, I'm ok with letting it flush out the first year so that a I don't need to buy 2

·
Registered
18 Posts
How do you figure

How do you figure the 16-22 months? First half of 2023 is 12-18 months out (give or take 3-4 days).
I was calculating from the reservation date, not today. I was noting that late reservations like mine will likely have much shorter waits from their original reservation date than folks who reserved much earlier.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.