Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as posted elsewhere I jumped into the Shop within minutes of the OC cancellation email last week. Went for an Adventure, Limestone FE truck and received today. Delivery out of Brooklyn to me in NJ. Nice, knowledgeable guy delivered the truck and drove off in my trade-in Model 3.

The truck is outstanding. Simply put it's pretty much the coolest thing you'll ever have driven. Including the Model X.

Couple of tiny things bugging me off the bat that can easily be fixed with an update (or maybe I didn't dig deep enough in settings.

Seeing miles versus percentage battery remaining is a form of masochism IMO. Absolutely must be made an option to change to %.

An 'always on' dark mode is a must for me too. I see the reflection of the driver's screen in my side window while driving in the daylight.

Dashcam recording to a removable hard drive is a no brainer update at some point.

I'll add pros and cons as a I go but love the truck after just 5 hours or so of play. My kids have crawled every which way in and over it.

Car Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Plant

·
Registered
838 Posts
So as posted elsewhere I jumped into the Shop within minutes of the OC cancellation email last week. Went for an Adventure, Limestone FE truck and received today. Delivery out of Brooklyn to me in NJ. Nice, knowledgeable guy delivered the truck and drove off in my trade-in Model 3.

The truck is outstanding. Simply put it's pretty much the coolest thing you'll ever have driven. Including the Model X.

Couple of tiny things bugging me off the bat that can easily be fixed with an update (or maybe I didn't dig deep enough in settings.

Seeing miles versus percentage battery remaining is a form of masochism IMO. Absolutely must be made an option to change to %.

An 'always on' dark mode is a must for me too. I see the reflection of the driver's screen in my side window while driving in the daylight.

Dashcam recording to a removable hard drive is a no brainer update at some point.

I'll add pros and cons as a I go but love the truck after just 5 hours or so of play. My kids have crawled every which way in and over it.

View attachment 7603
View attachment 7602
Beautiful R1T @IThinkFreely congratulations! Does the infotainment screen reset to bright mode each time you start the R1T?

I see how you can switch from light to dark mode in this video (19:25). Is your truck in auto or dark mode?

·
Registered
9 Posts

View attachment 7603
View attachment 7602
So, how does the FE interior go with the Limestone exterior? Any possibility of a photo showing both?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Beautiful R1T @IThinkFreely congratulations! Does the infotainment screen reset to bright mode each time you start the R1T?

I see how you can switch from light to dark mode in this video (19:25). Is your truck in auto or dark mode?

Yep, that one I figured out was on Auto - Dark Mode is actually super dark during the day so I'm still trying to settle on what I prefer. Light Mode with the brightness all the way down is close to what I want.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So, how does the FE interior go with the Limestone exterior? Any possibility of a photo showing both?
Here are a couple of direct contrasts. And contrast it is. I love the Limestone. I love the FE cabin.

Whether they go 'together' is in the eye of the beholder.

Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Bumper Automotive exterior
Car Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Car seat cover
Car Vehicle Hood Window Motor vehicle

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Here are a couple of direct contrasts. And contrast it is. I love the Limestone. I love the FE cabin.

View attachment 7637 View attachment 7638 View attachment 7639
I think the two colors complement each other well. But as long as you like it that's all that matters. What do you think of the overall build quality of the truck so far? Has anything stood out to you with exterior or interior?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Fantastic. Really nothing amiss that I have seen so far. Trims all seem tight. Paint is good. Couple of tiny things along the edge of the gear tunnel doors where some dust has made its way under the PPF or whatever is protecting it. Barely worth mentioning.

Took the whole family into Manhattan today. Drives so well. Deceptively fast. Enjoyable drive.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Not something I'll ever use, but if you want it this is available in the latest software release 2022.31.0
Awesome. Rivian don't need to go full Tesla but many of the software updates were community driven. Cabin overheat protection, auto garage door opener, mirror fold....

·
Registered
6 Posts

Thanks for posting pics. I just got the email, 1-3 weeks out. Limestone with FE for me. Can't wait to see her in person.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Took the truck through an automated car wash yesterday. It was such a hassle with Teslas for the first couple of years but no issue with unoccupied R1T. Came out great. The Limestone popped even better than when it was first delivered.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I know you're all wondering...yes the Tesla Quad fits neatly in the bed, between the cargo rails.
Tire Car Wheel Automotive parking light Vehicle

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Is there an option to NOT have gear guard video screen come on as default when you enter the car. Other than disabling GG? I want it on, I just don't want to have to get rid of the video folder every time I get in.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts