Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2022 R1T CR and FE, 20"AT
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
2022 R1T owner, vin# 84xx. Drove the truck from Maine To Denver and then to Moab last week. What fun! Rivian was doing testing with 3 R1T's and 1 R1S there and got to spend some time with their team (boy do they have fun Jobs!). Anyway here a clip from the trip (I will post a video once I get it not to time out!). I didn't do anything crazy but there is no doubt that the R1T can handle much more than I threw at it.
Wheel Tire Sky Car Vehicle

· Registered
1,776 Posts
Hello All,
2022 R1T owner, vin# 84xx. Drove the truck from Maine To Denver and then to Moab last week. What fun! Rivian was doing testing with 3 R1T's and 1 R1S there and got to spend some time with their team (boy do they have fun Jobs!). Anyway here a clip from the trip (I will post a video once I get it not to time out!). I didn't do anything crazy but there is no doubt that the R1T can handle much more than I threw at it. View attachment 8880
Beautiful photo of your R1T @Switters74 welcome to the forum! How did the truck handle the drive from Maine to Denver?

· Registered
2022 R1T CR and FE, 20"AT
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The drive from Maine to Denver went very well. I used the app - A Better Route Planner (ABRP) - to plot our course, charging stops and hotels. For the most part - we used Electrify America charging stations. Every station seemed to have one charger that was not working so there were a few times we had to move the truck but we were always able to charge. One of the charging stations in Utah was only running at 75kw/h max due to software issues so that made for a longer charge. But overall the experience was very good and not dissimilar to what I have experienced driving long distance with my Tesla Model Y and using the supercharger stations. I did buy a Tesla-to-J1772 adaptor from Amazon (made by Lectron). This was very helpful at the hotels that just had Tesla destination chargers. One warning to the group - DO NOT - depend on Charge Point chargers - I encountered 3 on our trip that were listed as operational online and when I went there - they were not. Moab specifically has only one Level-3 Charger (Charge Point) and it was out of order - so we were dependent on Level 2 while we were there.

· Registered
25 Posts
Hello All,
2022 R1T owner, vin# 84xx. Drove the truck from Maine To Denver and then to Moab last week. What fun! Rivian was doing testing with 3 R1T's and 1 R1S there and got to spend some time with their team (boy do they have fun Jobs!). Anyway here a clip from the trip (I will post a video once I get it not to time out!). I didn't do anything crazy but there is no doubt that the R1T can handle much more than I threw at it.
Great photo. Makes me wish I were in Canyonlands right now. I look forward to your video.

· Registered
2022 R1T no spare, no tonneau, El Cap, dark 22's
80 Posts
Really nice photo thanks for sharing your charging experiences with us. I am awaiting delivery to my truck, but my main trail with the Tesla is the upstate NY mountains back and forth to the city. So, no range anxiety although once the the garage in Brooklyn forgot to charge the MYP, I got a warning "You will not reach your destination unless you keep the speed under 55 mph". Nah, 5 minutes on the supercharger 3 minutes off the highway and I was good to get back with 1% charge.

Ray

1 - 9 of 9 Posts