Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Tesla Model Y LR 2020; Rivian R1T Adventure 2022 (Reservation)
93 Posts
I like this. Regular (permanent) cupholders tend to get filled with junk in my car. Then I need to move that junk to actually use as a cup holder.
I think the lack of additional storage space is a contributor to the cup holders being used as storage space for things like coins, pens, and sunglasses.

·
Registered
Tesla Model Y LR 2020; Rivian R1T Adventure 2022 (Reservation)
93 Posts
I was leery of the cupholders ever since I saw the first design. Oh well not a deal breaker.

I actually hate every version (has only been 3) of carplay that I've used. The UI is never as good as a modern smartphone. Just let it connect via bluetooth and share a screen. (This being said I'm yet to even lay hands on a Rivian so...yea)
I've put a little over 40k miles on a Tesla and before I bought it I was expecting the lack of Android Auto to be a major pain, but Tesla's navigation and entertainment interfaces are pretty good and improving all the time. I don't mind using my phone and bluetooth for specific app streaming either. I suspect Rivian's software will be similar to Tesla's and have good regular updates (eventually).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.