Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can't wait for delivery, which should hopefully be sometime in the next week or two. Ordered October of '21.

I originally ordered an R1S, but once they canceled the 5 seat version, I switched to the R1T. I was already on the fence because the tow limit on the R1S is already right at the limit for my boat and trailer. Wet, I might be looking at a combined weight of even 7500lbs.

Then, after seeing some reviews on YouTube, it seemed like there was plenty of space in the backseat of the R1T. I did get a chance to confirm that myself in a first mile drive a couple of months ago. I'm pretty convinced that if you don't need to haul a bunch a people around, the T offers better utility.

Anyway, I'm enjoying all the information in this forum so far. I've been paying most attention to the wheel discussions. I bought the 22s mostly because I wanted all black wheels and realistically I need freeway performance more than off-road performance. I still can't decide if that was the right call. I might look to get a second set of wheels down the road.

Hopefully I'll see you out there soon.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have put nearly 9k miles on my R1T since March. El Cap with 22 black. I delayed a potential Dec '21 delivery to hold out for the 22s. I'm really glad I did. I'm a road warrior between projects throughout nor Cal and Oregon. I use 4wd to deal with snow and mud, but do very little off road driving. Hope this helps - I'm still loving my truck and think the 22 blacks look great on the grey truck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts