Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings, my neighbor just took delivery on his LE R1T in Chester Springs, PA. The R1T was delivered via a flatbed truck from Washington DC. If I can get pics to post I will, but wanted to flag for folks here in southeastern PA!

·
Registered
6 Posts
That is encouraging to hear. I live very close to Chester Springs and have a LE R1T on order in since day 1 (November 2018). I received a couple outreaches from my guide, telling me 2 weeks ago that the delivery ready and that the paperwork to complete the process would be initiated. However, it has been radio silent since then with no updates.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I am also in SE PA, not to far from Chester Springs. It's great to hear that someone in the area is getting a delivery but disappointing that it has to come from a WDC delivery center.

Philly is the 5th (or 6th, depending on how you measure things) largest metro area in the country and to not be among those places with its own delivery center seems more than a mere oversight. Rivian has been consistent in its disregard of the Philadelphia area; there have not been any First Mile rides offered and as far as I can tell, there are none coming. Perhaps this is because there are relatively few pre-orders from folks in the area? Or perhaps it's just the more typical ignorance of Phila because it its proximity to NYC & WDC.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am in the Reading, PA area and got ours March 25th. I am from Delco and spend a lot of time there visiting family. Ours came from Rockville, MD center...I think some of the stupid PA laws don't allow Rivian to setup a delivery center here (Tesla received an exemption from those laws...).

·
Registered
R1S01 - Adventure Package - Compass Yellow - 5 seats Forest Edge
5 Posts
Did any of you guys were able to drive it before the delivery?- I live in Delco and I ordered the R1S

·
Registered
2 Posts
We didn't. Maybe you can talk to your guide, once you get one, and drive one in Rockville or in Brooklyn? I will be at my daughter's softball game at Swarthmore College Saturday the 23rd and will probably have my wife's RT1 if you want to stop by and take a look...

·
Registered
346 Posts
We didn't. Maybe you can talk to your guide, once you get one, and drive one in Rockville or in Brooklyn? I will be at my daughter's softball game at Swarthmore College Saturday the 23rd and will probably have my wife's RT1 if you want to stop by and take a look...
@jcalamita - I live in walking distance to Swarthmore College. Would you mind if I stopped by to take a look as well?

By the way, I contacted Rivian CS recently to ask if I could participate in one if the First Mile events in the region (at the time, there was one upcoming in WDC). The answer was that the events are not open to any other than the invitees, though the rep said that may change.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I have delivery set for this Friday afternoon in Northern Delaware, my Guide did confirm delivery is coming from Rockville, MD. Looks like we will have a decent concentration of owners in the Tri-State Philly area!

·
Registered
117 Posts
I’m in Honey Brook, any of you Chester County PA guys be interested in meeting up someplace in the area so I could look at your truck? My delivery is scheduled for ~ 24 June, I’d like to see it in the metal if possible before plunking down the Benjamins. If we meet at a bar/brewpub I’d be happy to buy you a beer for the “trouble” of having to drive your truck. ;)

Bonus: I’ll show you my Taycan (if you even care).

·
Registered
188 Posts
I’m in Honey Brook, any of you Chester County PA guys be interested in meeting up someplace in the area so I could look at your truck? My delivery is scheduled for ~ 24 June, I’d like to see it in the metal if possible before plunking down the Benjamins. If we meet at a bar/brewpub I’d be happy to buy you a beer for the “trouble” of having to drive your truck. ;)

Bonus: I’ll show you my Taycan (if you even care).
I’m in Delaware and also a Pcar owner if you can’t find anyone localish I’d be down to meet up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts