Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was returning home around 7:00 PM PDT, Westbound on Hwy 18, about to drive by the ODOT Maintenance Station, and there it was in the oncoming lane; a Forest Edge R1T that blew by me heading Eastbound. This was the first time I have ever been near one in the wild, and I have to admit I was star struck like a puppy. It was like waking up from what you thought was a dream only to realize you were wide awake.

The oncoming lights gave it away, and I had to blink twice before I understood what I had just seen. The Forest Edge looked amazing in the early evening light and convinced me I made the right choice on exterior color.

Yeah, I know I am way late to the party by posting this, but being in "tourist town" Oregon has not been the Rivian Mecca that I thought it was going to be. If you were the lucky owner or employee, please give a shout out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Take a drive into the valley. I've been driving around for 7 weeks now :) . BTW, it is Forest Green - Forest Edge is an interior color option.
Yeah, obvious rookie mistake. I ordered Forest Green, so I should know better. Also, if I am reading your signature correctly, your R1T is Launch Green? It looked so awesome in the fading light! I will jump on that if it shows up in the Rivian Shop.

How has your experience been so far?

·
Registered
Launch Edition LG/FE
145 Posts
Yeah, obvious rookie mistake. I ordered Forest Green, so I should know better. Also, if I am reading your signature correctly, your R1T is Launch Green? I looked so awesome I will jump on that if it shows up in the Rivian Shop.

How has your experience been so far?
No regrets. Other than the infamous tonneau cover, I only have a couple of small things that I haven't bothered to have fixed yet. They said to wait till they were doing something more major anyway. You'll find out real fast that Oregon is lacking in fast charger access.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I haven't posted much about that but it is really obvious. EA's in Salem and Newport are the two with the most potential for me, although the newish Sierra Pacific Power installation at the Otis gas station appears to be another option (provided some ICE vehicle isn't blocking all of them). I'll be installing the Rivian branded charging unit in my garage with a 60 amp breaker, so I'm covered for day-to-day stuff. I also have access to a Level 2 charging system at work (Salem) that I pay a flat $10/month. I probably won't use it as much as I did for my XC90 Hybrid T-8 pre-pandemic, as I have telecommuted since March 2020.

My wife and I are both avid fly fisher people, and love to fish the McKenzie River. I will need to do a lot of planning just to make that trip happen. The network will grow in time, and I will have to develop some patience as the rest of the state catches up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts