Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan Navara NP300 2017
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've got a question about the clearance on the R1T.
I have a Nissan Navara now with a decent about of clearance for off-roading, but I am very interested in grabbing one of these R1Ts as soon as their available.
Is there any information about the clearance to the ground or departure angles etc?

My ute has a 3 inch lift with 33' tyres and I find that the clearance is great, but I don't want to be going backwards with this one!
I've seen the lift that the R1Ts can air up to, though there's not a whole lot of information that I can find

Pic of my ute below
Wheel Tire Sky Car Vehicle

·
Registered
Nissan Navara NP300 2017
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the forum @behnyboy.
What upgrades do you see yourself making to improve your R1T's off-road capability?
I would love to see some much more aggressive tyres on it, plus maybe an even bigger lift?
If possible, I'd love to see a bullbar and rock sliders on it as well, but I don't know how much that would impede the elegance of the design. Essentially as much as I can to make it as off-road capable as possible!

·
Registered
141 Posts
I would love to see some much more aggressive tyres on it, plus maybe an even bigger lift?
If possible, I'd love to see a bullbar and rock sliders on it as well, but I don't know how much that would impede the elegance of the design. Essentially as much as I can to make it as off-road capable as possible!
Any of that will reduce the range to some degree, and since you cannot take a 5 gallon can of electricity with you to refuel on the trail, that is a concern with electric trucks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The problem is for off-roading, the sill height matters more than the minimum ground clearance. Other than the control arms, the lowest point on the Rivian is about 14 inches. That is front to back (highest at the back) and side to side. That's where in the problem lies. With the sills only about 14 inches off the ground, they will be contacting a lot of obstacles that wouldn't be a problem for a proper off road vehicle. My Tundra, for example, has a minimum ground clearance under the center of the truck of 13.5 inches, but the frame rails are nearly 2 feet off the ground and the sills are even higher.

If it's possible to mount rock-sliders on the Rivians, then at least one can slide along those without damaging the sills. Without them, hard core off-roading will result in body damage. I plan to take my R1T on forest service roads and will use it regularly for camping, but in no way will it replace my Tundra or my FJCruiser for off-roading.

·
Registered
10 Posts
So I've got a question about the clearance on the R1T.
I have a Nissan Navara now with a decent about of clearance for off-roading, but I am very interested in grabbing one of these R1Ts as soon as their available.
Is there any information about the clearance to the ground or departure angles etc?

My ute has a 3 inch lift with 33' tyres and I find that the clearance is great, but I don't want to be going backwards with this one!
I've seen the lift that the R1Ts can air up to, though there's not a whole lot of information that I can find

Pic of my ute below
View attachment 3292
the clearance is 15" and the bottom is completely covered and protected. Nothing sticks out. I don't think a lift is needed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.