Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
Rivian R1T, Forest Green, Black Mountain, 20" A/T
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received order confirmation and was assigned a guide on November 9, 2022 (last Wednesday).
Guide in an email said "No current timeline to share but this process can take a few weeks."
How long does it usually take from this point to VIN / 8 steps?
Thanks from Cincinnati!

· Registered
Rivian R1T, Forest Green, Black Mountain, 20" A/T
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh, my order is R1T, Adventure, Limestone, 20" A/T wheels, underbody shield, full size spare.
Thanks for any input to my above question re: delivery timing!

· Registered
R1T, Sept 2021 preorder
25 Posts
I'm assuming you mean configuration confirmation rather than order confirmation. Here's my timeline:

Oct 28 - configuration confirmation
Oct 28, 30 minutes after confirming the configuration - received VIN & 8 step email
Oct 31 - spoke with guide, truck is built and got estimate of 4 - 6 weeks for delivery due to rail transport (or more or less)
Nov 12 - got email to schedule delivery

I'm speculating that since I got the config confirmation and VIN on the same day that someone with the same config backed out and I'm getting their truck.

· Registered
14 Posts
Probably not a completely equivalent comparison as I ordered an R1S, but I confirmed on 31Oct. Got a guide contact on 1Nov. But I still haven't received a VIN (14Nov). Per my guide - "I don't show that your matched VIN has finished production. Once that happens is when the purchase process opens up."

· Super Moderator
574 Posts
Just to clarify, having a guide assigned may not have an immediate relationship with vehicle delivery. In my case, the configuration was confirmed and I was assigned a guide back in July. Per the latest info from Rivian however, delivery is estimated for sometime in 2024.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts