Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That side-to-side pass-thru box just aft of the cab on the R1T has to be one of the coolest and most useful cargo solutions to show up on a truck since the invention of the RamBox. I love it.

Since it goes all the way across the truck, what would you put in there? Fishing rods? Hockey sticks? (go Blues! lol) I don't think it's big enough for golf clubs but I could be wrong. They say that the flipped down door is stong enough to stand on, too.

Attachments

·
Registered
393 Posts
I actually wonder what a Police spec Rivian would hold in that area.
A few will probably end up as police fleet somewhere (Dubai?)

·
Registered
564 Posts
If they're able to stick a kitchen in that small space then the sky is the limit for what Rivian or anyone else can use that space for.

·
Registered
155 Posts
That "side-to-side pass-thru box" Rivian refers to as a gear tunnel. An article or video I read/watched some time ago mentions storing golf clubs in the gear tunnel. That assumes you don't own a golf bag like in the Caddy Shack. :)

Since it goes all the way across the truck, what would you put in there?
Off the top of my head ...
Ski/snowboard equipment, overnight bags, small luggage, gym bag, all sorts of sporting equipment, power tools (or at least their batteries so they can charge since gear tunnel has power in it), camping gear/supplies, climbing gear, first aid kit, emergency road kit, fishing pole bazooka tube and tackle box, small cooler, ...

It will be interesting to see what else Rivian comes up with including the OEMs for the gear tunnel. I suspect that pull-out kitchen will be an expensive option. And for some, perhaps more than what they need. Personally I would like to see a pull-out kitchen that only uses half the tunnel so the other half can used for other items, say, a pull-out fridge or just store other stuff. As R99 said, the sky is the limit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts