Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Prius, 2012 Tacoma, 2012 Vespa GTV300
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious to know real owner's actual payload for their R1T's?

In this video Tommy mentions that the loaner truck they got via Rivian has a 1419 lb payload. The max payload available according to Rivian is 1760 lbs.
I'd want an R1T with the Max Pack battery and was hoping to get around 1600 lbs of payload. Am I dreaming?

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
In this video Tommy mentions that the loaner truck they got via Rivian has a 1419 lb payload. The max payload available according to Rivian is 1760 lbs.
I'd want an R1T with the Max Pack battery and was hoping to get around 1600 lbs of payload. Am I dreaming?
since adventure/large are the only options being delivered, right now, we don’t know.

there’s a strong chance the higher payload quoted is for the explore trim without off-road package or max battery.

·
Registered
2017 Prius, 2012 Tacoma, 2012 Vespa GTV300
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
since adventure/large are the only options being delivered, right now, we don’t know.

there’s a strong chance the higher payload quoted is for the explore trim without off-road package or max battery.
Obviously we don't know. I'm also aware that the R1T with the least options and smallest battery would have the lowest curb weight and therefore the highest payload, unless Rivian specifies different GVWR's for different trims.

I was just a little surprised by the payload of that vehicle and will be interested to see what a max pack gets when and if it becomes available. I would like 1600 lbs with my next tow vehicle.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was hoping to haul a full 275 gal water tote in the bed of Rivian which weighs approx 2300 lbs. I see the Rivian max payload is 1760. How strict is this limit?

Assume 15 miles on city streets with max speed of 40 mph. Any thoughts how risky this payload is?

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I was hoping to haul a full 275 gal water tote in the bed of Rivian which weighs approx 2300 lbs. I see the Rivian max payload is 1760. How strict is this limit?

Assume 15 miles on city streets with max speed of 40 mph. Any thoughts how risky this payload is?
How often would you be hauling this water tote? I don't think a couple of times would be an issue but if it's often that might not the most ideal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts