Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do we know if and when Rivian will have a Pre-Production unveil of the R1T and R1S? Obviously, lots of changes have been made since Concept unveil & reservation holder meet & greets/Roadshow events .. would be nice to know all of the changes made.

·
Registered
GMC Sierra, Bolt, Sky, Mach E
230 Posts
The Barrett Jackson event last week would have been a great opportunity for them, but of course they did not show up. Seems odd since they have had at least one R1T testing in the Phoenix area.

·
Registered
817 Posts
I believe that will be part of the "Guides" program. Personally, I expect some specific releases of information each week or two, with all to become known in May.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I believe vin 001 and 002 of the R1T were used on the show Long Way Up. If you haven't watched that, I would definitely recommend it.
Pretty sure those were internal designations only. The cars were still fairly prototypes with lots of toggle switches and pushbuttons to engage features.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Def prototypes - The LWU team is seen in the updated production version 1.5 yrs later in this video:

·
Registered
817 Posts
Pretty sure those were internal designations only. The cars were still fairly prototypes with lots of toggle switches and pushbuttons to engage features.
From what I recall watching LWU, they genuinely were the first R1Ts to have actual "VINs" assigned. They were truly 0001 and 0002.

Prior to those units, the prototypes didn't have VINs.

·
Registered
GMC Sierra, Bolt, Sky, Mach E
230 Posts
From what I recall watching LWU, they genuinely were the first R1Ts to have actual "VINs" assigned. They were truly 0001 and 0002.

Prior to those units, the prototypes didn't have VINs.
VIN also indicate where they were built, what year, etc. Many companies reset the VIN to 1 for each new model year. The long way up trucks were likely hand built and not built in Normal.

When these VIN 001 vehicles get auctioned at Barrett Jackson, they mean it is the very first "official" production model to come off the line and go to a customer. Prototypes and pre-production test vehicles are not included in that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Do we know if and when Rivian will have a Pre-Production unveil of the R1T and R1S? Obviously, lots of changes have been made since Concept unveil & reservation holder meet & greets/Roadshow events .. would be nice to know all of the changes made.
I would also like to know when their Roadshow will start up again. I’m in Central Florida and will drive to South Florida if they reschedule the Miami event.

In September, I drove through the factory parking lot in Normal on a drive back from Iowa. There wasn’t much to see. It looked like a factory with only a few cars in the parking lot. I have to make the same drive in the next 30-60 days and will stop by again. Does anyone know of tour availability?

I hope the Rivian Guides read this forum.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I would also like to know when their Roadshow will start up again. I’m in Central Florida and will drive to South Florida if they reschedule the Miami event.

In September, I drove through the factory parking lot in Normal on a drive back from Iowa. There wasn’t much to see. It looked like a factory with only a few cars in the parking lot. I have to make the same drive in the next 30-60 days and will stop by again. Does anyone know of tour availability?

I hope the Rivian Guides read this forum.
This is the response we got at the end of March. Seems as if it’s time to get that rolling...

“It's so exciting that you have the Launch Edition R1T, I can't wait for you to experience riding in one. We'll be sharing our test drive program and how to sign up once those details are available.”

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is the response we got at the end of March. Seems as if it’s time to get that rolling...

“It's so exciting that you have the Launch Edition R1T, I can't wait for you to experience riding in one. We'll be sharing our test drive program and how to sign up once those details are available.”
Thanks for the update Middlefork.

BTW, I don‘t have a Launch Edition. I’m waiting for the 400+ mile battery.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts