Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Sooooo I am seeing a lot of "camps here on these forums. Camp 1 - people who have diligently waited time to get their R1Ts and are over-the-moon about them. Great to read (BTW).

Camp 2 - Is the "day traders". Anyone who put an order in but now come time to pay the piper and they cannot or do not really want a 80K+ vehicle. Soooooo, we get a lot of short-sellers claiming that they can sell their reservation or their spot in line or immediately buy their R1T before it is delivered. I would LOVE to read someone's experiences with these "deals" to see if 1) Rivian allows them to proceed. 2) They lose their Tax credit and 3) Willing to pay WAY over MSRP on an essentially "used" vehicle.

·
Registered
531 Posts
By "camps" I mean multiple persons on this forum falling into several categories. And the trend is growing. Seems to pretty apparent and (in some cases) a violation of distinct contractual agreements between the buying public and Rivian. If we are not careful, Rivian could do something harsh to us (who are still awaiting delivery) in the near future.

·
Registered
481 Posts
If we are not careful, Rivian could do something harsh to us (who are still awaiting delivery) in the near future.
Only thing Rivian might do, likely to do based on stated policy, is not sell a vehicle to someone who "purchased" a Pre-Order. If they also cancelled the original order, the buyer of the Pre-Order is out the cash unless he has a written agreement that says he gets his money back if Rivian enforces the policy. Rivian could also contact the actual Pre-Order customer and ask if they still want to buy the truck but having broke the rules about turnaround reselling, maybe not.

I was curious if anyone who purchased a Pre-Order actually took delilvery.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts