Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Max Pack Reservation from 2019. An ideal configuration for me is Max Pack, Glacier White, and All-Terrain. About a month ago I got fed up with all the delays in Max Pack and changed my configuration to Large Pack. A couple of days ago I was invited to the R1T Shop and have been checking it every day since. Mostly blue, green, red, etc. R1T's with the 21" road tires -- which are not aesthetically appealing to me at all.

Does anyone know if they are currently producing trucks with All-Terrain tires and if I can expect to see them in the "R1T Shop"? I usually check the shop right when I wake up, around lunchtime, and then around dinner. It really is different every time, quick-moving apparently.

On another note, if I had confidence Rivian could get me the Max Pack in Q1 of 2023 I would wait it out, but they gave me "first half of 2023" which does not convey a lot of confidence at all. To me, that sounds like Q3 2023 realistically.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Here's my advice. New/used Rivians are still selling for $110,000 and up on auction sites. It's an amazing truck, if you only knew how many celebs bought one, then you'd know. So, buy the truck right now, and sell it when your Max pack gets here. The 20" off road tires look great, you can always upgrade later. Another piece of advice, make it a Compass Yellow R1T!

·
Registered
38 Posts
I don't think anyone except higher-ups in Rivian knows for sure, but the scuttlebutt is that 21s are what's being built now. I have seen many posts where people say they switched from 20s to 21s and within a few days had a guide and/or invite to the Shop. So some people (myself included) have switched to the 21s hoping that's true (I was slipped from Jul-Sep --> Oct/Nov this month). So the consensus (as I read it) is 21s only right now.
If I do happen to get an invite I will get the 21s and then look for reasonably priced aftermarket 20" wheels (none available yet) and then get a second set of wheels with with 20" ATs on them and swap out or sell the 21". The 21's get enough extra range that they could be handy.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Max Pack Reservation from 2019. An ideal configuration for me is Max Pack, Glacier White, and All-Terrain. About a month ago I got fed up with all the delays in Max Pack and changed my configuration to Large Pack. A couple of days ago I was invited to the R1T Shop and have been checking it every day since. Mostly blue, green, red, etc. R1T's with the 21" road tires -- which are not aesthetically appealing to me at all.

Does anyone know if they are currently producing trucks with All-Terrain tires and if I can expect to see them in the "R1T Shop"? I usually check the shop right when I wake up, around lunchtime, and then around dinner. It really is different every time, quick-moving apparently.

On another note, if I had confidence Rivian could get me the Max Pack in Q1 of 2023 I would wait it out, but they gave me "first half of 2023" which does not convey a lot of confidence at all. To me, that sounds like Q3 2023 realistically.
I saw an R1T with All-Terrain tires in the shop this evening. Check it out: This is the first one I've seen in the shop for over a week and with a spare tire; while all the others have had 21" wheels and mostly no spare. Hope this may help.
Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Car Automotive tire

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I saw an R1T with All-Terrain tires in the shop this evening. Check it out: This is the first one I've seen in the shop for over a week and with a spare tire; while all the others have had 21" wheels and mostly no spare. Hope this may help. View attachment 6712
Dang I missed that one! That black w/ AT's was taken quick. How long do we have access to the shop, a week or so?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts