Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not sure that I have seen it on here, but the R1S apparently has 23 speakers vs 19 ij the R1T. I figured there were likely more speakers, but I was not sure how many. Could give a totally different acoustic experience.

·
Registered
31 Posts
It's a relatively small enclosed space so 19 speakers or slightly more than 19 speakers aren't going to make that much difference. The cheapest low-power stereo with a single paper one-way speaker in each door is going to sound the worst and it gets better from there. But once you go to high quality two or even three-way in each door with a head unit that can power them properly, you're doing pretty good. After that, you get a small bump from separates and by lifting the tweeters closer to ear level and/or pointed better at the listening position, but it's a small bump and again in the small space you can just tweak the bass and treble a little bit. A sub and a bunch more speakers might give you a little bit fuller sound or whatever, but you're gilding the lily.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It's a relatively small enclosed space so 19 speakers or slightly more than 19 speakers aren't going to make that much difference. The cheapest low-power stereo with a single paper one-way speaker in each door is going to sound the worst and it gets better from there. But once you go to high quality two or even three-way in each door with a head unit that can power them properly, you're doing pretty good. After that, you get a small bump from separates and by lifting the tweeters closer to ear level and/or pointed better at the listening position, but it's a small bump and again in the small space you can just tweak the bass and treble a little bit. A sub and a bunch more speakers might give you a little bit fuller sound or whatever, but you're gilding the lily.
Yes and I'll add that several cars in the '80s/90s had equalizers which made a huge difference.
Unfortunately many higher end names have cheapened themselves for the masses. Harmon Kardon and Bose come to mind.

My Maverick on order has a B&O stereo and it's hard to believe that it's the same $2,000 B&O that was in $80K Audis 10 years ago.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts