Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After speaking with this owner and getting a look around her truck, I put my deposit down for an R1S. She said it was the best driving car she and her husband had ever had (though I didn’t ask what kinds of cars they’d owned in the past). She was EXTREMELY happy with her truck and had owned it for about 4 months.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I hadn’t noticed. I was looking at the side camera and wondering if that was a spot that was going to be prone to damage versus under the mirror like most cars or higher up in the fender like Tesla.

Zooming into my original pictures, I think the wheels are actually okay and it’s simply road grime, which is good considering the substantial all terrain optioned tires on it!

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for sharing. Looks great. Also, nice to hear owners loving the car. is the glass top standard on all R1Ts and R1Ss?
I believe so. At least, when I was optioning out the R1S I’m waiting for there was not an option relating to the roof. I think the only differences between the packages are with the stereo and seats…

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I’ve been looking generally at an electric of some sort but wasn’t sure what. Saw the Rivian truck a while ago but didn’t want another pick up truck since we have a minivan to haul stuff around. But once I saw the truck in person and learned about the SUV (didn’t know about it), I put down a deposit and figured I’d have two years to make up my mind.

I spec’d a white on white adventure model with stock wheels, 7 seats, and added roof bars, first aid kit, all weather mats, and a spare tire.

I’m hoping that by the time it comes to me, or some time soon after delivery, that maybe they’ll have bi-directional charging so I can use it as a back up power source at home during a power outage.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts