Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to this site and perhaps this has already been discussed. I've had my R1T for approximately 3 months & recently noticed moisture inside my left front headlight. So, after taking a closer look I discovered cracking & chips not only above the headlight .......but also other chips and cracks along the front light bar which runs across the front of truck between the headlights. Because of multiple cracks I'm wondering if these are caused by gravel thrown up off the highway ? Perhaps the light bar and area surrounding headlamps should be a more durable material than what appears to be a cheap plastic . Has anyone else experienced this problem ?

·
Registered
936 Posts
Did you do any PPF or no? I have full PPF protection over the lights and lightbar (which should help for smaller stuff) but TBD if it will make a difference on rocks or gravel flying up.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Nope...thinking about it...travel so far has not been off road with no rocks hitting the vehicle. Think you ought to do a ticket with Rivian. I had an issue with a sensor and they sent a mobile unit out to my house to deal with it. If you are close to a service center, see if you can go be and have them take a look.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts