Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The newly added Camping feature has me wondering about the feasibility of having a slide-in, pop-up camper for the bed of the R1T, something like the 'four wheel' camper, or similar. The creature comforts for this kind of a setup are a nice step up from a tent on frame.

To make this work, it would be great if the spare could be carried in the front trunk. My current rig is a 2018 Ridgeline, and the spare is stowed under the bed platform, so the slide in was never an option for the Ridgeline.

I towed a small, lightweight camper (Cricket) with my Ridgeline for 5 years, and it was great fun. But with my R1T, it would be great to reduce my overall length by having some make of a slide in type camper, ideally with a small pop up feature for standing headroom. This kind of setup would really open up the number of places for boondock camping, while adding to creature comforts. Easy to store, load/unload when not using it. And if you need to change a flat tire, a spare located in the frunk is pretty accessible.

If anyone else has looked into this, I'd appreciate your feedback. Would be a great additon for my R1T max, coming sometime 2023...

Thx
-cb.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I thought about getting a slide in or a canopy with a tent, like the ATOverland Habitat or the Alu-Cab Canopy Camper. Unfortunately, there isn't anything on the market, that I'm aware of, that will fit the R1T. Compounding the issue of the short bed is the cab "spoiler" that hangs out over the bed area a few inches. If someone does build a canopy to fit around the "spoiler", you could use a swing away hitch mount to carry your spare. The spare will not fit in the frunk.
Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Automotive design Automotive side-view mirror
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

1 - 2 of 2 Posts