Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Second quote from a dent repair place, $800 and I must get my own trim piece first. Now to find a part from Rivian. The adventure continues...I'm going to get it in writing from Rivian that I don't invalidate the really good warranty from the manufacturer by doing this.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Update, Rivian says, in writing, with some caveats, that it won't invalidate the warranty to use a local paintless dent repair shop. HOWEVER, the chance of getting a trim piece personally or to an unauthorized repair place, is nearly zero. So, after discussing my concerns with the service dept at Rivian, the only choice that will get the dent fixed is to open a ticket and get the thing hauled down to Dallas to wait in line. By the way, the repair shop authorized to do this hasn't called me back after several attempts to call them over the past week.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Left the tailgate down while launching my boat, then gave truck control to my daughter for 100 yards while I docked. She didn't know to lift the tailgate, or not to turn sharply in her first attempt at driving with the trailer attached.
Oof. Sounds like the time I let my teen "try" to park my Ridgeline in the garage. It did not go well. Sorry for your ding.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts