Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are new owners being forced to sign an NDA or something? I'm really surprised that we're not getting flooded with details and information from new owners... I really thought once R1Ts started hitting the hands of customers that we'd start seeing impressions, complaints, insights, etc..... but it almost seems like they're not allowed to or something? Or is it that the only people with trucks at this point are emplyees and I can see them signing such an agreement!

·
Registered
504 Posts
Funny, I just asked the same thing here because I was informed of a real world/non-Rivian employee owner here:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Funny, I just asked the same thing here because I was informed of a real world/non-Rivian employee owner here:
That post is what really got me thinking about it.... I mean that's really the first thing I've seen from anyone other than a "review" which all say the same thing...

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Gideon is a rivian employee, afaik.

·
Registered
941 Posts
If it were my company, I would have had the exact same roll-out plan, only difference being I would have told the LE customers and pre-order customers of that plan, and why it made sense, and how it would benefit them to wait until there was additional and controlled input from the employee owner base. I am 100% fine with this approach, but yes, the communication was sub-optimal in my view as an early reservation holder. Doesn't change my mind about anything regarding my purchase, and we now have more visibility with Rivian listed as a public company.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Gideon is a rivian employee, afaik.
We weren't referring to the people that towed using the R1T, we were referring to the "Father on the baseball team that has an R1T" that @coshesey actually knows and mentions in his post:

...there are people out there that have purchased the vehicle that:
1) Aren't Jeff Bezos
2) Aren't Employees.

We know a Father on the baseball team that has an R1T in south county O.C. - Not a Rivian Employee.

PK

·
Registered
571 Posts
Are new owners being forced to sign an NDA or something?
Have we gotten to the point where we assume a conspiracy if someone doesn't share their entire life on social media? Because clearly that's not "normal"?

I know when I get my truck, I'm going to be enjoying it, not spending my time making videos of it. Maybe I'm the only one ...

·
Registered
941 Posts
The window to reveal all of Rivian's Launch Edition awesomeness has closed.

What have we actually learned from any of the recent R1T YouTube videos that have come out? Not much.

The focus will start to shift toward reliability, service, support, charging and real-world driving. That will be the next wave.

If I took delivery of my R1T tomorrow I wouldn't be publicly blabbing about it all over the internets either...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Have we gotten to the point where we assume a conspiracy if someone doesn't share their entire life on social media? Because clearly that's not "normal"?

I know when I get my truck, I'm going to be enjoying it, not spending my time making videos of it. Maybe I'm the only one ...
Conspiracy? What? Over 150 trucks out the door and not a single word about experiences? Who asked for an entire life sharing on social media? You're hilarious, like as in the "only one" hilarious!

·
Registered
504 Posts
Believe what ever makes you happy, but at this point there is still no evidence other than second hand testimony stating that a non-Rivian employee/insider/affiliate has taken delivery of a production Rivian vehicle.

Like Carla Peller used to say "Where's the Beef"? ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.