Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy from Dallas! I’m sure this has been covered already, but I’m too lazy to keep looking.

Has there been any insight into likely delivery timing for new “non-LE” orders? Obviously the website says Starting in January 2022 so that’s earliest, but I’m really curious what timing will be like for the rest of us.

I’ve currently got a new Models S refresh on order and that thing continues to be delayed. If I could order a 400m+ R1T today and expect it to be delivered in Q1/early Q2 of next year, I’d go ahead and cancel the Tesla order and just wait for the truck.

If a new order of a 400m truck is 12+months out I’d likely just get the Model S when it shows up and kick the can down the road a couple years for the truck.

I love what Rivian is doing and if I can come up with a reason not to give Tesla my money, I’d welcome it. That said, I need (well want) an EV in my life “soon” .

·
Super Moderator
2015 Tesla Model S 85D, 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD OffRoad
467 Posts
It’s all speculation, but I’d say you’re looking at late next year at the earliest.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just ordered the R1S Adventure, Red Canyon, Ocean Coast. If anyone can share their actual wait times for delivery, I would appreciate it!

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
I just ordered the R1S Adventure, Red Canyon, Ocean Coast. If anyone can share their actual wait times for delivery, I would appreciate it!
Welcome to the forum. Nice spec.
What other vehicles did you consider before ordering an R1S?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I placed my order in Feb 2019, but opt'ed to wait for the 400 mile range version vs taking the LE.

I have been told I am high on the list for delivery, but haven't had any correspondence about my build . . . if I had to guess my truck will be delivered mid-2022, if it was any sooner I am sure Rivian would have had to have been in touch by now to work out the details.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts