Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy from Dallas! I’m sure this has been covered already, but I’m too lazy to keep looking.

Has there been any insight into likely delivery timing for new “non-LE” orders? Obviously the website says Starting in January 2022 so that’s earliest, but I’m really curious what timing will be like for the rest of us.

I’ve currently got a new Models S refresh on order and that thing continues to be delayed. If I could order a 400m+ R1T today and expect it to be delivered in Q1/early Q2 of next year, I’d go ahead and cancel the Tesla order and just wait for the truck.

If a new order of a 400m truck is 12+months out I’d likely just get the Model S when it shows up and kick the can down the road a couple years for the truck.

I love what Rivian is doing and if I can come up with a reason not to give Tesla my money, I’d welcome it. That said, I need (well want) an EV in my life “soon” .

·
Super Moderator
2015 Tesla Model S 85D, 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD OffRoad
612 Posts
It’s all speculation, but I’d say you’re looking at late next year at the earliest.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I placed my order in Feb 2019, but opt'ed to wait for the 400 mile range version vs taking the LE.

I have been told I am high on the list for delivery, but haven't had any correspondence about my build . . . if I had to guess my truck will be delivered mid-2022, if it was any sooner I am sure Rivian would have had to have been in touch by now to work out the details.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Howdy from Dallas! I’m sure this has been covered already, but I’m too lazy to keep looking.

Has there been any insight into likely delivery timing for new “non-LE” orders? Obviously the website says Starting in January 2022 so that’s earliest, but I’m really curious what timing will be like for the rest of us.

I’ve currently got a new Models S refresh on order and that thing continues to be delayed. If I could order a 400m+ R1T today and expect it to be delivered in Q1/early Q2 of next year, I’d go ahead and cancel the Tesla order and just wait for the truck.

If a new order of a 400m truck is 12+months out I’d likely just get the Model S when it shows up and kick the can down the road a couple years for the truck.

I love what Rivian is doing and if I can come up with a reason not to give Tesla my money, I’d welcome it. That said, I need (well want) an EV in my life “soon” .

I reached out to Rivian, as in a recent chat their rep stated that if I changed my config from Max pack to "large" battery pack the R1T would be delivered sooner. This is their evasive, non-answer:
Thank you for reaching back out to Rivian and providing the email address your preorder is under.

To start, I do see that your configuration is R1T Adventure Package with the Large Pack battery. I apologize for any miscommunication you received in previous chats, but we wouldn’t be able to guarantee any changes to your configuration would give you an earlier delivery window. In early 2022 we are introducing a new feature on your Rivian Account Page that will display your current delivery timing estimate. The information will be tailored specifically to you and the exact vehicle you configured. Our goal is to give you accurate, up-to-date details about your specific preorder so you can better plan and stay more informed.

Again, I apologize for any miscommunication and confusion! If you have any additional questions, please reach back out.

Forever Adventurous

I for one am getting incredibly frustrated with the TOTAL lack of transparency and bogus info we are getting from Rivian. My Tesla experience was very different; 6 months from order to delivery. I am now placing a reservation for the Ford F150, as I can no longer have nay faith the Rivian will deliver an R1T any time the the foreseeable future.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I for one am getting incredibly frustrated with the TOTAL lack of transparency and bogus info we are getting from Rivian.
So that whole 'sitting round the campfire singing kumbaya making s'mores' vibe isn't working for you either?

Rivian 2021 = feel good, help people, save the planet, it's all good, we're different, we're here for you....
Rivian 2022 = production starts? crickets....

·
Registered
11 Posts
So that whole 'sitting round the campfire singing kumbaya making s'mores' vibe isn't working for you either?

Rivian 2021 = feel good, help people, save the planet, it's all good, we're different, we're here for you....
Rivian 2022 = production starts? crickets....
It seems we should be setting our expectations around what it was like when the first Model Ss were coming out. I think it is worth the wait, but be cool, we are supporting the birth of a new company, and from all appearances, quite a good one.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Based on some recent social media posts, I'm starting to feel a bit bitter. Long time reservation holder? Not getting a truck anytime soon. Reserved recently? You've probably already got a guide, signed PBA, and are scheduling your delivery.

I really wish I could understand the rhyme/reason to who gets a delivery.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Have you placed an order for your R1T @GusTruck?
Yes, I made it in before the price debacle. I don’t really know how to check on when we will get it. Must depend on how many people bailed out but also how many got back in again when he gave us the old price. I don’t blame Rivian for the delays. They are a startup company, making their first few thousand vehicles, in the midst of drastic challenges with multiple supply chains.

·
Registered
95 Posts
if it helps, I placed my order last month on 3/31/2021, hoping for a late CY2022 Q2 or Q3 delivery. The Rivian rep stated that would be “likely.”
That makes sense. There are a lot of people that ordered very early on. They had to unfortunately wait a long time. As production ramps up we should see less of a wait from order to delivery. I placed my order 2/14/22 and am very upset I don't have my car yet. Just joking. I'd be happy to see it in 2023. What would be great would be some AI/predictive analytics that matches production and orders so we get an idea of when we can expect our cars. With the current challenges this will be time consuming and expensive and would not increase profits. We would feel great but it doesn't make a lot of business sense to allocate the resources to this at this point.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Have you placed an order for your R1T @GusTruck?
Yes, I got my order in about a month before the price thing happened. I feel lucky, since it means I am going to end up with a more valuable R1T with a motor dedicated to each wheel. It will be worth the wait. Besides, I am not sure how easy it will be to charge on a cross country trip if I get it now.

·
Registered
107 Posts
That makes sense. There are a lot of people that ordered very early on. They had to unfortunately wait a long time. As production ramps up we should see less of a wait from order to delivery. I placed my order 2/14/22 and am very upset I don't have my car yet. Just joking. I'd be happy to see it in 2023. What would be great would be some AI/predictive analytics that matches production and orders so we get an idea of when we can expect our cars. With the current challenges this will be time consuming and expensive and would not increase profits. We would feel great but it doesn't make a lot of business sense to allocate the resources to this at this point.
Verbal update from Rivian: I should now expect to see my R1T by June-ish 2023. Apparently, they are working on projection modeling and hope to post updates to our sign-on pages this summer…. Time will tell.

And, yes, very happy to have pricing locked-down.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts