Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Got the recall emails on Friday. Went to the Bellevue, Washington service center on Saturday afternoon. Drove in with no appointment, no one in line, tech came out, service person wrote service ticket, service person had me docusign the no-cost repair order, tech done, elapsed time 5 min. Another R1S owner drove up - his was done in 5 min too. Spent a total of 20 mins on the lot mostly talking with the other R1S owner. Left the lot with no one waiting. Couldn't have been easier.

· Registered
16 Posts
Interesting, thanks for sharing! Assume related to what I'm experiencing. 3 weeks into our new R1T and on the 3rd day of ownership I registered a service appt for a rattle in the drivers side front suspension, that sounds very much like a loose busing or something. Its most noticeable when driving over variable surfaces like cracked pavement, or cobblestone style surfaces. Only Drivers side...

· Registered
5 Posts
I called Rivian and they said they would send a mobile tech out or I could drip in and have them check the torque. I needed a break from my office so I decided to take a 45minute drive to the Bellevue service center and do a "pop in". It was so easy. Took 8 minutes for me to check in, sign the repair work order, raise the suspension, check the bolt, lower suspension back to original height. . Service technician said that he has yet to hear about any "issues".

I did talk to a nice couple who were taking delivery of their new R1S. They were so excited but also "concerned" from everything they have read on forums and online about Rivian. I just shook my head and told them to not believe everything they read online or in the forums. If they do have any issues, Rivian will fix them. Rivian has been great servicing any issue I've had. It may have taken them longer than I hoped to fix some of the issues, but they did get them fixed. I have a fleet of trucks at work and and I'm always getting recall notices on my ford trucks and Chevrolet trucks. Most are minor issues but unfortunately in order to have them repaired, I have to set up an appointment and they have the truck for at least a day. So I'm not concerned that a new product like Rivian has a safety recall..

I also said if they don't like the R1S, they can sell it to somebody who doesn't want to wait, and make a nice profit as well. The wife said 'hell no"...🤣🤣

They asked me if the wait was worth it. My 38 month wait was well worth it. It's been a great truck and one of the best I've owned and I have owned MANY trucks. I told them I have an R1S on order, and have talked my father into ordering an R1s and 5 other people into ordering R1T's so I'm very confident in the Rivian Product..

· Registered
R1T
148 Posts
The recall got way too much negative attention. And service has been good so for for me -- but I live close to a service center. That said, I also live close to an Audi dealership. My wife's Audi only came with one key on purchase -- we were told to pick up the second key later (supply chain issues). Now that the key is ready, they want us to bring the car in and order the key; then return and leave the car for two days while they find time to pair it with the car. If this happened with Rivian there would be people on these forums losing their minds and predicting a stock drop.

· Registered
1 Posts
I just got the recall service done in Austin. Yes, less than 5 minutes from parked to done. Spent more time talking with them about the new service center. I did overhear the two service guys mention torqing the two nuts to "42" which I assumed to be 42 ft-lbs... but consider that hearsay and not from a very credible source....

· Registered
93 Posts
The conversation I had with my mobile tech was that engineering had originally spec’d a certain torque (he gave me the number but I missed it) and after a couple of incidents, engineering decided to up the torque to … (again I missed it). So my guy wasn’t checking the current torque, he was tightening the bolts to the new spec.

· Registered
4 Posts
Easy peasy. Tried to make an appointment and they said don't bother -- just drive up to the service center and they will check the torque while I'm in the car.

And yet some are using the recall as a battle cry. The lack of communication! The subterfuge! It was a conspiracy to release the info at the closing bell on Friday!
I just saw an interview with RJ. He said they started torquing that Friday evening and that all 12,000 had been done in 10 days. Quite a feat !

21 - 34 of 34 Posts