Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered my launch edition a few years ago and have put off taking delivery. This week I received emails from Rivian offering a 6-8 week delivery (or sooner) from what appears to be quite a variety of unsold inventory. This came as a surprise since deliveries have been so slow to come since the launch. Just curious if others have received the same offer and any thoughts on why?

My best,

Farmtruck

· Registered
Tesla Model Y, Cadillac ELR, Rivian R1T, Chevrolet Volt, Spark EV
91 Posts
I ordered my launch edition a few years ago and have put off taking delivery. This week I received emails from Rivian offering a 6-8 week delivery (or sooner) from what appears to be quite a variety of unsold inventory. This came as a surprise since deliveries have been so slow to come since the launch. Just curious if others have received the same offer and any thoughts on why?

My best,

Farmtruck
Yep. We got one from existing inventory. It is already here.

· Registered
Tesla Model Y, Cadillac ELR, Rivian R1T, Chevrolet Volt, Spark EV
91 Posts
How long did it take from order placement to delivery? Location?
The vehicle went from the R1T store to Las Vegas about 6 weeks ago. That owner got spooked by some of the early adopter bugs/issues, and we picked it up a couple weeks ago, so 2nd owner in 2 months.

I have my own reservation, and this one is not exactly what I want; but the price was right untill they build mine.
😎

· Registered
13 Posts
Hmmm, this is interesting, I received no such email...I am waiting to hear from Rivian at the end of the month as to what my new delivery date will be, I will be very disappointed if it's going to continue to be a long wait. I believe the issue is where I am located in the Southwest, no Service Centers for 6-8 hours...

· Registered
2 Posts
Hmmm, this is interesting, I received no such email...I am waiting to hear from Rivian at the end of the month as to what my new delivery date will be, I will be very disappointed if it's going to continue to be a long wait. I believe the issue is where I am located in the Southwest, no Service Centers for 6-8 hours...
I also got a notice that I’ll get a new delivery date at the end of the month, but I’m less than an hour from a service center so location might not be the significant factor.

· Registered
2022 R1T Forest Green w/ green interior
4 Posts
I got the same email just before Christmas. I found almost the exact truck I ordered (I originally had a max battery on order). I took delivery 1/13/23. I picked it up so it would go faster. They had a very large selection to choose from which really surprised me. Once it got to KC Mo. area I took delivery about 2 weeks later. So happy I changed to the large battery.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts