Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

So much discussion on year’s past pre orders And so little on recent reservations placed; where you no longer can specify configuration information….

This thread aims to change that and allow for a discussion about recently placed reservations and experiences.

I’ll kick it off… placed a deposit on 10/3. EDD is “end of 2023”. I’m super close to the Bellevue, WA service center, so I’m hopeful to get the R1T earlier than current EDD. No guide or other contact, other than the standard “welcome to the family” emails.

What has your experience been like? As anyone ordered a R1T in 2022 and taken delivery already? Anyone invited into the R1 shop?

· Registered
26 Posts
From what I've been reading & seeing around town, the orders that are coming in are from 2019 & 2020. We ordered one in 2021 & still waiting. I did get the ocean coast interior though, that could be the hold up. I read somewhere that if you go to one of the shops, they might have a pre-order that wasn't purchased & you can get one sooner. I've gone to the one here in San Francisco for a test drive.
Don't know if that helps, you might be able to just email a shop for a look/drive? I can't remember if mine was an invite or not.

· Super Moderator
572 Posts
Keep in mind that the date your order was placed is only one element of the Rivian delivery algorithm. There are more than a few folks who ordered two or even three years ago but because of their location or vehicle configuration, are likely to be waiting for another year or two.

There are also some things happening at Rivian that could speed up your delivery. I suspect that the new towing policy will result in both a significant number of order cancellations and reduce future demand. I also suspect that Rivian may be prioritizing post-March orders for bottom-line reasons. The end result could be that your wait will be shorter than anticipated.

· Registered
5 Posts
Hello all,

So much discussion on year’s past pre orders And so little on recent reservations placed; where you no longer can specify configuration information….

This thread aims to change that and allow for a discussion about recently placed reservations and experiences.

I’ll kick it off… placed a deposit on 10/3. EDD is “end of 2023”. I’m super close to the Bellevue, WA service center, so I’m hopeful to get the R1T earlier than current EDD. No guide or other contact, other than the standard “welcome to the family” emails.

What has your experience been like? As anyone ordered a R1T in 2022 and taken delivery already? Anyone invited into the R1 shop?
Hello From NJ. I booked my R1S today. ED is end of 23. Patience journey started. Good luck.

· Registered
674 Posts

· Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Share that MAGIC TRIC you used to get yours quickly. appreciate it.
I
placed an order recently and late 2023/early 2024 is the EDD. By then, it will cost more and all of those Munro cheapening cost reduction suggestions will also be rolling in; not to mention investor pressure to turn profitable. Quality may take a hit as is the case with Tesla. So, I picked up a 2022 R1T Adventure with 238 miles on it (S/N 99xx) that “Visualizes” (on Rivian web site) a price over $97,000, before destination and other fees. This S/N has the 12v in the frunk, magnetic fasteners and more. After S/N ~11,500, these were removed as a result of those Sandy Munro tear downs and comments. I paid $100,000, made a new friend, and got to inspect and drive it BEFORE paying for it. Can’t do that with a new order! Also no price increase risk or 15 month wait. So, stay “Adventurous”!

Edit: And Rivian instantly assigned me a Guide, one who is helping ownership transfer. Guide is the same one the Seller had. So, he knows the VIN history well, and I don’t have to wait a year to have a Guide assigned to my account.

· Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
"The requested page could not be found."

It would be disconcerting if Rivian does not respect the reservations but that does not seem to be the case. Even those with reservations of longer lead time products like the XL battery are given an opportunity to purchase per their place in line.
Yeah, for some reason, every time I paste in a link, this forums system fudges it all up. Stores above.

· Registered
2023 Rivian R1T (Ordered)
13 Posts
I ordered my R1T on 8/13/2022 to obtain a signed purchase agreement before President Biden signed the IRA and changed the rules for Federal tax credits on EVs. I won't qualify for the tax credit under the new rules; we'll see if my "binding" purchase agreement does the trick.

I don't have an EDD or any idea when I'll be invited to configure my truck. Anyone care to hazard a guess?

· Registered
R1S
10 Posts
Yea, the order process for an RS1 is somewhat peculiar. I placed a deposit right before Biden’s new EV bill was signed, in the hopes of possibly qualifying for a credit. Wasn’t given the opportunity to make any selections. Wasn’t given any estimation of wait time. Really wasn’t really given anything other than an acknowledgement they got my $1000.
Is this SOP or am I missing something?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts