Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all - got it yesterday and love it so far but I can really feel the sun through the front windows. Any advice on installers in Dallas and what type of tint to use is appreciated!

I think ceramic is the way to go but I'm concerned about it matching the back windows.

Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Do not do Suntek CIR, it's garbage and everything has a haze when the sun is hitting it. I did windshield 50%, side windows 35% about a week ago and already considering taking it off. Either that or the installer put junk film in the CIR box and installed that instead lol.

it also bluish cast, while the factory tint seems to have a slight brown tint to it, or neutral. It doesn't match at all.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I really like the tint I used, it was Rayno brand nano ceramic. But most important is to trust your installer and just use what they recommend and who they have a relationship with in terms of experience and warranty. My shop uses Rayno but there are other good brand also.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey all - got it yesterday and love it so far but I can really feel the sun through the front windows. Any advice on installers in Dallas and what type of tint to use is appreciated!

I think ceramic is the way to go but I'm concerned about it matching the back windows.

Thanks!
Long time lurker, but I joined just to reply to this! Ive used this shop (Tritek) for 3 vehicles and they have always been good:

Tritek (http://www.tritektinting.com
(972) 926-5666

2518 W. Kingsley Rd Suite 110
Garland, TX

They offer ceramic by Madico.

My friends have used these guys and they are highly rated as well:

Pro-Tint (http://www.tintmaster.com)
972-607-9022.
1101 Ohio Drive ste 119
Plano, TX 75093

They offer Huper Optik Ceramic Tint

I figured since you're in Texas, you'd want ceramic tint.

·
Registered
GW/BLK MTN R1T Adventure 22" Sport Dark
8 Posts

Thanks!
I just took delivery of my R1T two weeks ago and got my windows/windshield/roof tinted at XPEL Dallas along with front PPF OEM package and Ceramic Coating on the entire body and wheels. They did a fantastic job. They used XPEL Prime XR Plus - Nano Ceramic IR tint 30% fronts and 70% rest.

Jovani and Morgan were great to work with and would highly recommend them.
  • 1517 Prudential Dr, Dallas, TX 75235
  • (214) 339-9735
  • Monday- Friday 8:30AM-5:30PM

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just got Suntek CIR ceramic tint installed side windows and windshield - and now there's a blue haze whenever the sun is hitting the windows. When you are in shade, the haze is gone and it looks like normal window tint. It's horrible and far worse than any "cheap" non ceramic window tint I've ever had. At least the box the installer used said CIR and he didnt just put random cheap tint in the box lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts