Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! Picking mine up in Dallas this Saturday.

1. I'm strongly considering the Jukebox home charger @ Costco bc they have it for $549. It supports 40 Amps but I need an electrician... any recommendations in Dallas?

2. I'm likely going to get the window tinted.... any good experiences or recommendations in and around Dallas?

thanks!

·
Registered
571 Posts
Re 1) That JuiceBox is an OK price, and of course it comes with the Costco warranty. It plugs in to a NEMA 14-50 outlet with a 50 amp breaker, so you'll just need the electrician to install that outlet. If you plan on going that route, one thing you can consider is installing the outlet then seeing if charging with the (included) portable charger will fill your needs. The included charger will plug in to that 14-50 outlet and will give you 32 amps to your Rivian (vs. 40 amps with the JuiceBox). Try this; if you find it is not sufficient (doesn't charge fast enough for your needs, etc.) THEN you can buy a wall charger to plug into that outlet. Once the outlet is in place you don't need an electrician to install the wall charger - just screw it into the wall and plug it in to the outlet.

I personally chose to install the Rivian wall charger, because at $500 for a 48 amp charger (grandfathered price) it is a very good price, and because having a wall charger is more convenient than hooking up the portable charger every time, and because the higher rate of charge will be more convenient when having more than one EV.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts