Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

Red Canyon Rivian R1S

15K views 32 replies 20 participants last post by  R99 
#1 ·
What do you think of the R1S in Red Canyon?

See less See more
#7 ·
Well it's hard to say. The picture being very poor quality does not help. All I can say is, I ordered the Canyon Red with Ocean Coast interior. When I showed my (18 year kid) all the trucks shown on the website, he said "I'll take the Orange one". To me it looked more like a light metallic red. This certainly doesn't look like either! It looks like a deep red, not sure I like that.
Hope I get to see a real one in Canyon Red before I get mine (Nov 29, 2018).

#13 ·
You got in early
Good for you
I didn't find out about it for a few days so darn
But here's my opinion
Like the red but it's a dark color
Dark colors suck in Phoenix and off-road
I'm going white
I'm getting a wrap I like white so I'm getting a clear wrap
If anyone is on the fence about a color
Go white
Ask a person who does wraps
They will say white is a good base color
Then go wild
Wraps are anything you want exactly what you want and can make you a one and only
(Until someone Copies you which means you did good) most McLarens are wrapped :)
Plus a wrap gards the paint from desert pinstripes and Apparently you can get self healing the only bummer is going to be not having my baby for a few days to get it done
Just my thoughts
Is it JUNE yet

#19 ·
From what I've heard the problem with PPF as opposed to something like Vinyl is that when you need to remove/replace the PPF it is likely to strip the clear coat off your vehicle. So you're either forced to re-PPF it in perpetuity, or pay to re-apply a clear coat.

Not ideal, for sure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.