Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I purchased my R1T in May. The beginning May 2
It came with a 90 temporary Il registration.
My DMV in Vermont knows nothing about it being registered and I have been asking my guide since May about getting my registration. (Vermont's power company GMP offers free phase 2 chargers to registered EV owners and I can not get it until I get the registration.)

My guides (my original guide is out now until Nov. so I have been assigned another) have said they are checking but nothing is happening.

Anyone else having these problems?

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Yes. I spoke with my guide last week and at least at that time they hadn't even submitted the paperwork to the DMV, despite having everything notarized two months ago. Of course it's always "we have plenty of time and we'll get you registered before your temp tag expires". But Rivian has a history of saying everything is great and on-schedule until AFTER they've missed the deadline.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same problem. R1T delivered on May 19th and temp tag expired last week. Knowing it was a problem seen on forums I followed-up numerous times with my original Guide with no response. My original Guide was recently replaced so I asked the status. New Guide still cannot tell me where Rivian is in the process. Interestingly, the Guide offered Uber/Lyft credits or a rental car until until the plates arrive if I'm uncomfortable driving with expired temp tags....

·
Registered
32 Posts
I received my R1T back in April and live in NC. With only 2 weeks left on my temp, it got close to tag being expired. Rivian suggested to take care of the registration myself at my local DMV. I agreed to this and within a week Rivian sent me all the required documentation. This solved my registration problem so my advice to all, is to contract your guide and request to do your own registration. Not sure if this is possible in every state but in North Carolina it worked fine.

The registration fees and tax I paid earlier, was refunded by Rivian about 1 month later.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Same here. Temp plate expired, Rivian can offer no help as to how to get it done. We split time between states and Rivian said it would be no problem to register in one while we are staying in the other. Now it turns out the truck needs to be physically present in the state to get the registration. So truck is off the road until it goes back on a flatbed. To say I am unhappy would be an understatement. They should not be offering to register these vehicles if they don't have the capability or know-how to get it done. I could have had it registered in 2 days if I did it myself.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I’m still without title or registration and coming up to my temp registration ending in a few weeks. I signed all the docs when I picked up the truck in Houston in June and then they contacted me about 4 weeks ago to say there had been an error in the registration docs and I needed to re-sign. Someone actually came to the house with the documents to sign, but haven’t heard anything since.

·
Registered
253 Posts
T minus 3days till mine are expired...

If I have to take my truck to DMV and if they require a physical inspection they will fail it to window tint thus costing me more $ that I am certain Rivian wont reimburse me for.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Do you not need to inspect every time?
New cars in Delaware receive a 5year tag, and often times the second inspection at year 5 is a mail in ballot, pay your bill and get stickers in the mail so effectively you can go 7yrs w/o an inspection from new. I have tint waivers on all of my stuff but I have bot been back to the eye doctor to take care of this one yet... Maybe now is the time!

·
Registered
2022 Rivian R1T Launch Edition
15 Posts
I took delivery of my R1T on March 24th. I just received my plates on August 18th. Still waiting on the Title from the DMV.

I simply drove it with an expired temp tag while we waited for Rivian to send the paperwork.

·
Registered
1 Posts
@Bari, I am having the exact same issue. I am in NY and registering in VT as we ski there. Would love to get that charger in place by winter. But here we are, temp plates expired 8/29 and my Rivian guide Jess can't seem to tell me anything about what the F is going on. I spoke with VT DMV just now and they don't show anything in their computers. Just wild.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts