Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there, just curious if anyone in my specific situation has received an email related to securing a purchase order.
February order was reinstated in March, before which my $1000 deposit was refunded. After reinstatement, I was not asked to pay the deposit again. I inquired about this in chat a few months ago and was told not to worry about it.

Now I'm worried - I have yet to receive an email from Rivian and the 'Purchase agreement' I signed on the link appears to reference them keeping $100 of my $1000 deductible... something I haven't provided them.

SO, with that in mind, has anyone else in my boat been contacted by Rivian, either to state we are good to go or to collect a deposit???

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did receive it and signed it although my purchase price will exceed 80K. We will see. I bet $100 against $7500.
Indeed, but had you already paid the $1000 deposit? Mine had been 100% refunded when I cancelled my order after the price increase. When they reinstated it at the original price, they never asked for me to reup the $1k deposit. Folks in my rather unique position don't seem to have received an email from them yet... not a single one I've spoken to =/

·
Registered
2011 Chevy Volt, 2011 Camaro 1SS, 02 Chevy 2500HD
7 Posts
Indeed, but had you already paid the $1000 deposit? Mine had been 100% refunded when I cancelled my order after the price increase. When they reinstated it at the original price, they never asked for me to reup the $1k deposit. Folks in my rather unique position don't seem to have received an email from them yet... not a single one I've spoken to =/
Same situation as you and so far......crickets!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Same for me, and when I chatted with customer service they said they are working on a solution. It is not have any specific details though.
I called them, long wait list, so had to register for a call back. In the mean time, I started chat session, I was 66 in wait list, continued to wait, looks like lot of traffic today. Anyway, once I connected, the person on the other side assured me, they are working on it, maybe a different link for collecting $100 non refundable, they will send mail before it becomes 'act', I also received call later, same information exchanged. Well I believed them, but still went ahead and did the following:

The link that everyone talking about it a generic one, it is open to all: RIVIAN BINDING CONTRACT TO PURCHASE , I do not think it is in anyway connected to Rivian account. It takes name and email id, and there is an 'agree' button, finally we get to the page where we can download the pdf file, which is again a generic template, link to that as well here: THE PDF FILE

I entered my name and email id and after submitting 'agree', it entered the next page where I could download the pdf file. Either it is setup in a hurry which has bugs or it could be a simple automated system collecting, validating and storing information in the backend.

This whole thing is still just a theory, until IRS guidelines confirm the language and the method used in binding contract.

I strongly believe Rivian hasn't forgotten about us, we are the reason they had to revert the prices. I hope they got no grudge against us.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Received the email finally.

For folks who did not receive e-mail: here is the updated link, again, a generic one: SUBMIT DEPOSIT & AGREE
Just make sure, payment information is valid in your Rivian account. They are going to take $1000 (Yes, same like before, I had thought they would just take $100) separately and asynchronously, they will send email about it, haven't received it so far.

·
Registered
7 Posts
received this morning, i think i am gonna skip on sending them back my 1k, id rather have the 1k now then 7500 in x years when i get my R1S, what i would like to confirm is if i can still keep my pre price hike like i have been

·
Registered
43 Posts
doesn't really answer the question though as this is just saying they have the right to increase which we already knew that and in theory have the right to increase even with signing the 100 dollar contract to increase the price. Basically me not having a 1k deposit down since i had cancelled and reinstated based on rivian wording is no different than someone giving 1k and $100 other than the latter maybe getting a 7500 tax credit which i dont care for

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
doesn't really answer the question though as this is just saying they have the right to increase which we already knew that and in theory have the right to increase even with signing the 100 dollar contract to increase the price. Basically me not having a 1k deposit down since i had cancelled and reinstated based on rivian wording is no different than someone giving 1k and $100 other than the latter maybe getting a 7500 tax credit which i dont care for
Exactly, at least w/ the respect to the fact that its the same wording. That right there is what has me on the fence. Why even bother with the ''$100 is now non-refundable'' if they don't think that having a non-refundable deposit is important to the process? And if that is indeed the case, why are we, those that have not paid anything yet, getting the same email?

I hope its not a thing, and I know they have other stuff to worry about, but it won't stop bothering me until I'm actually able to put $100 down lol

·
Registered
66 Posts
I was in the exact same situation and a month ago was told not to worry about resubmitting the $1,000 deposit, “you’ll just pay in full when you actually confirm the order with your Guide”.
I received the email today, signed the purchase order and then supplied my credit card info. I’m assuming they will charge the $1,000 deposit after all.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was in the exact same situation and a month ago was told not to worry about resubmitting the $1,000 deposit, “you’ll just pay in full when you actually confirm the order with your Guide”.
I received the email today, signed the purchase order and then supplied my credit card info. I’m assuming they will charge the $1,000 deposit after all.
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking as well, I'm just wondering if they will do it before the bill is signed (or if it matters if they do).

·
Registered
2011 Chevy Volt, 2011 Camaro 1SS, 02 Chevy 2500HD
7 Posts
Just got an email from Rivian confirming $1000 payment.

Hi Michael,Thank you for submitting your $1,000 deposit. It has been received. Your payment may take up to 30 days to process. Keep this email for your records.

Have more questions about the Inflation Reduction Act? Get your answers here.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just got an email from Rivian confirming $1000 payment.

Hi Michael,Thank you for submitting your $1,000 deposit. It has been received. Your payment may take up to 30 days to process. Keep this email for your records.

Have more questions about the Inflation Reduction Act? Get your answers here.
Yup, just got the same!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts