Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really hope that Rivian allows people to order parts to work and modify their cars. This a huge reason why I can not buy a Tesla and one of the reasons that I have owned a Jeep, Toyotas and Land Rovers. A disturbing trend is for companies automotive and other tech is not allowing people other than authorized dealers to repair their items. People should have the right to repair the items they purchase. Now if my Rivian is still under warranty then I will have no problem having someone repair that for me. But once the warranty is expired. I would like to be able to repair my own car. Tesla dropped the ball on this. Rich Rebuilds could not get replacement parts from tesla because they refused to sell him parts because he was a back yard mechanic. People that do adventures will be in remote areas. I am guessing Rivan is targeting the jeep, toyota and land rover owners who like over landing and camping. Usually these people are very self sufficient and probably know basic repairs or how to rig something in the field. I am guessing that these people will want to know how to do basic maintenance and repairs and modifications without having to go to a shop. Part of the appeal of jeep and toyota is they are easy to modify and repair. Land rover has gone beyond simplicity and basically turned to the dark side.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Hopefully Rivian allows people to work on their vehicles. It's a great way to show how easy EVs are to live with.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Anyone concerned that Rivian requires specialty tools to be used, like what BMW does? Because if they do, its yet another roadblock that at best delays how soon we can do the work ourselves or with an independent shop.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts