Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
Max Pack Rivian, Red Canyon w/ FE
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those owner's that have received your vehicles. Did you ask about the cost of battery pack replacement once it reaches EOL?

I have not heard any details from Rivian on what the cost would look like. For example, Tesla's can range from $7k-15k after all labor, etc.

· Registered
4 Posts
For those owner's that have received your vehicles. Did you ask about the cost of battery pack replacement once it reaches EOL?

I have not heard any details from Rivian on what the cost would look like. For example, Tesla's can range from $7k-15k after all labor, etc.
the HV pack in my 2013 P85 just died, and I got quoted at $12,500 to replace with a refurbished pack.

· Registered
505 Posts
the HV pack in my 2013 P85 just died, and I got quoted at $12,500 to replace with a refurbished pack.
That sounds like a lot of money until you break it down. You have had the car almost 10 years, that is $104 a month, I’m sure you saved more than that on gas and normal ICE maintenance over the course of that time…

Curious how many miles you have and the overall condition of the car in general after 10 years.

· Registered
3 Posts
@SANZCO2 Yeah I agree for this reason, I have a 2018 Model 3 with only about 46k miles so only speculating on what I might do in some future day - but because that car has features you can't get now and some mods I put on that I could admittedly do again, that price to replace my pack, if it came to it in another bunch of years, would still likely be worth it to me. Plus I'll never I swear buy a car with a yoke!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts